Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2003, 10:13 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default Which 10 Day Volendam Cruise is the Best ?

.........As a result of receiving so many helpfull suggestions re: deciding on which Ship to choose for my next Cruise............I have decided to book a 10 Day Caribbean Cruise on the Volendam.I have discovered, however, that the Volendam apparently alternates between 2 similar itineraries ( both of which appeal to me ). The first 10 Day Cruise itinerary includes the ports of Curaco; Margarita Island; Trinidad; Martinique; St. Thomas & Half Moon Cay.............................& the second 10 Day Cruise itinerary includes the ports of Bonaire, Margarita Island, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Thomas & Half Moon Cay.I am trying to choose between the above 2 itineraries & would like to hear from others ( some of whom have taken the first Cruise & others who have taken the second Cruise ) who may provide me with the ' pros' & ' cons ' of each itinerary ?? Thanks, Don K.
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Gizmo

Default Re: Which 10 Day Volendam Cruise is the Best ?

I have done them both. Hard to choose. What kind of things do you like to do in port?
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:55 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default Re: Re: Which 10 Day Volendam Cruise is the Best ?

Gizmo...............I am " leaning " toward the ( above ) 1st itinerary ( I think it's called ' The Wayfarer ' ? ) because I feel that my wife would enjoy the steel drums of Trinidad & also the ' French Atmosphere ' ( if there is such a thing ) of Martinique............& with respect to the ( above ) 2nd itinerary ( I think it's called ' The Seafarer ' ? ); I have read some reviews which portray the ports such as Bonaire & St. Lucia as having a somewhat limited ' third world ' type of appeal to them. If that is the case; I am willing to forego any handrolled cigar that I may have been able to purchase in Dominica.................& book ' The Wayfarer '. As far as port activities are concerned; I think my wife & I enjoy ( beside shopping ) " nature/ wildlife " tours such as the River Cruise in Costa Rica & the Belize Zoo ( as long as the tours are not overly strenuous ). After having snorkelled with the Sting Rays in the Caymans......I can't imagine having to snorkel elsewhere; SO , with that said; Can you suggest excursions if I do opt for the Wayfarer ( Trinidad & Martinique, etc. ) Itinerary ???? Thanks, Don K.
Old March 25th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dan Tobey
Default Re: Which 10 Day Volendam Cruise is the Best ?

Hi;
We just booked Volenam for April 18th. Got the buy of a life time through Cruise Value Center (www.cruisevalue.com) by booking on line got a rate of $400 a person plus port and taxes. $630 total. That is for a delux outside cabin in Cat. D.

Dan