Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2003, 07:21 PM
jay & LYNDa

Default veendam-3/22

just back from cruise and ALLO WE CAN say is....................
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYONE HAVING QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US!!!!!!!!!

JAY & LYNDA
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2003, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default Re: veendam-3/22

How about that Veendam!! We were on her twice over the past few years and we loved it. How was it going from Tampa? We just did the Zaandam from Port Canaveral and I have to say it was just like the Veendam and better.

As with each cruise...why does the week go so fast!!!
Old March 31st, 2003, 07:36 PM
jay and lynda

it was very fine going from tampa---yes i cant believe its over!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 1st, 2003, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are thinking of booking a very last minute cruise on the Veendam. I'm not familiar with the Holland ships. We have been on the Grand Princess and the Disney cruise. Will be taking our 3 kids(15,12,9). How are the pool areas since all of us love using the pools. Also need to decide time of meal seating. When do most of the shows,movies, kid's activities take place? I'm wondering if it would be best to do early seating so as to take in the shows. Any helpful info would greatly be appreciated as I need to make a decision by tomorrow afternoon.(4/2/03). Thank You very much!!
Old April 1st, 2003, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Sounds great! I get to go in a few days and am *very* anxious for it. Did you use the internet at all? If so, how was the setup? I got the impression somewhere that it was added to the Veendam not too long ago and had limitations.

SFJ
Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:50 PM
jay and lynda

we didint use the internet-
its done througases satalitte.
you can purchase different packages
from 7.50/hr going to 150 hrs for $100.
if you go into the ocean bar ask for elena shes the best and say hi for us!!!!!!
Old April 7th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: veendam-3/22

We were on the Veendam with Jay and Lynda (hi guys!) but didn't get to meet them. In my opinion the best thing about this ship was our verendah mini-suite. Since there was a definite shortage of pool chairs, we spent a lot of time on our private balcony, with cold drinks on hand thanks to the convenient mini-bar! The rest of cruise was all that was promised - good food, friendly folks, and excellent service. The snow is pounding once again in NJ, but I still have a little color from the 7 straight days of perfect weather (not to mention a little extra flab, but that's not from the weather!!) If you can swing it definitely go for the mini-suite. It was worth the extra cost (and we only paid $599 for that).
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: veendam-3/22

Laurie,

If you did decided to sail on HAL on the Veendam for your last minute April cruise I really would like to hear from you as a fellow Disney cruiser. I am thinking about this ship myself as the Tampa port is only an hour from me vs 2-3hrs to Port Canveral. However, I am addicted to the DCL ship cause' it's just so beautiful etc. I did Carnival out of Port Canveral...once....it wasn't my type of crowd or ship. But, I really want to go to Jamacia (and as we know Disney hasn't added this to any of it''s iten.'s yet and it's soo much cheaper to cruise!) So, if you sailed on this ship could you give me your opinions?

Thanks...Mmketeer@aol.com
Old June 13th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Beginner

Going on the Veendam 7/13 to Alaska. Can't wait. Anyones opinions on food and what to recommend for excursions.