Not to put you off at all, but this is not a party boat, more of a old time relaxing cruise with good food and outstanding service. Yes there are Bars/lounges and even a place to dance.
They have two pools, one on the lido deck with a roof that can be opened or close, and one a deck down on the back of the ship.
Here is a link to the HAL Massdam page: http://www.hollandamerica.com/fivestarfleet/maasdam.htm
The 360 tour on that page is the Veendam, but they are sister ships so everything is pretty much the same.
Here is a link to the Specialty Restaurant : http://www.hollandamerica.com/fivest...estaurants.htm
And here is some info on the Suites:
Aside from generous cabin size, What follows is what the benefits are for suites and minisuites:
Group One: Category: PS, S (on all ships which have these categories)
Penthouse Verandah Suites and Deluxe Verandah Suites will receive the following:
1. BATHROBE – one “cotton terry” robe per adult, to be hung in closet. Bathrobe card is placed in breast pocket explaining the robes are for passenger use during the voyage and are available for sale in the shops on board.
2. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY – name as it appears on manifest.
3. LAUNDRY, PRESSING AND DRY CLEANING – complimentary.
4. HIGH TEA – Available upon request in the suite during the hours of regular tea service. Passenger phones room service for request. Silver service is used.
5. COLD PRE-DINNER HORS D’OEUVERS – Complimentary, delivered to suite on request, through Room Service.
6. VIDEO LIBRARY – Selection of videos is made available for passengers’ use during voyage, and checked out from the Front Office.
7. COCKTAIL PARTY WITH THE CAPTAIN – For cruises 10 days and longer, cocktails will be served prior to suite dinner. For all other cruises, suite passengers will be invited to the VIP party.
8. SUITE LUNCH AND DINNER – Both lunch and dinner will be featured for cruises 10 days and longer.
Lunch menu and site location can be determined by the ship.
·On all seven day cruises, suite passengers will be invited for the Suite Lunch.
·For those passengers who cannot attend the suite dinner, a bottle of wine will be provided that evening in the dining room compliments of the Captain and Hotel Manager.
9. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD – personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager is in each suite at embarkation.
10. CONFIRMATION OF SITTING - table size confirmed by Seattle office.
11. FRESH FRUIT – presented on silver plate or basket.
12. * SPECIAL DISEMBARKATION – passengers leave ship at their leisure.
13. * DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE – Cabin Steward picks up luggage morning of disembarkation (not necessary to place luggage outside the cabin at night).
14. * A SEPARATE LOCATION in the public rooms on the day of disembarkation is set up for Suite passengers to wait for their disembarkation number to be called.
A coffee set up is to be provided.
15. * SPECIAL BLUE “S” TENDER CARD- will be delivered to each suite the night before a port requiring tendering.
16. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS, with embroidered blue HAL Logo, two per cabin
17. FEATHER PILLOWS – on request
18. FULL CABIN BREAKFAST is available.
19. MINI BAR including par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses, etc. (Not Complimentary)
20. PERSONAL CONTACT – A hotel officer will make personal contact with the guest within 24 hours of boarding.
21. DEBRIEFING – Suite guests will be personally contacted prior to the day of disembarkation to debrief the guest and confirm the overall cruise experience as satisfactory and to assure disembarkation procedures are clear.
22. CORSAGES and BOUTONNIERES will be provided for the first formal night of the cruise to be placed in the cabin at noon.
*Items with asterisk do not apply to Europe cruises.
Group Two: Category: SS (PR
, OS, ZU), A (NO, PR
, SA, MA, RY, VE, RT, VO, ZA, AM), B (SA, MA, RY, VE, RT, VO, ZA, AM)
Superior Verandah Suites, Verandah Suites, Mini-Suites and Deluxe Verandah Outside (Prinsendam only) will receive the following:
1. BATHROBES – two “waffle weave” bathrobes per cabin. To be hung in closet. These robes are for passenger use during the voyage and are available for sale in the shops on board.
2. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS, with embroidered blue HAL logo, two per cabin.
3. MINI BAR includes par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses etc. (Not Complimentary)
4. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD, personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager is in each suite at embarkation.
5. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY – as it appears on manifest.
6. FEATHER PILLOWS – on request.
7. VIDEO LIBRARY – Selection of videos is made available for passengers use during voyage, and checked out from the Front Office.
I hope this has helped.
Post Edited (05-01-03 17:40)