Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Ryndam

Greetings all!

I was hoping that someone who has recently cruised on the Ryndam can provide me with some (any) information about her. I have read mixed reviews here and there. My wife and I are considering her Mexican Riviera cruises in 2004, but wanted more info prior to deciding. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:24 PM
billnliz8

Default Re: Ryndam

I'm leaving tomorrow (May 6) on the Ryndam. I plan to take some digital photos and will post them. If you haven't made reservations by the time I return and post pics, maybe they can help you decide.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Ryndam

My wife and I were on the Ryndam in January sailinjg from San Diego to Chile. The ship was put into service around 1994, I believe, and she does not have that ultra-modern look like ships that entered service since 2000. She is also a mid-size ship, which keeps you from getting lost, but also limits the areas you may want to explore. During rough seas, you may hear quite a few creaks while you are sleeping. With taht said, the service and food was generally very good to excellent. The entertainment was above par. I've been disappointed with HAL before (Volendam in Alaska) but after the Ryndam cruise to Sourth America, I realize that our last cruise on HAL was just a fluke. Overall, I enjoyed the ship and would recommend her to others.