Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Yeoman

Default starboard & port rooms

We are considering going to Alaska next year with another couple. We want 2 verandah suites (class B). I ocurred to me that it might be possible to get one on starboard and one on port ,so we could watch from whichever side has the best scenery at the moment. There is a large unidentified white area blocked off in between the starboard and port rooms on the deck plans. Is there a way to get rooms that we could cross from one room to the other without going way around by the elevaters? We want to be mid-ship.
Thank you ahead of time for your answers.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: starboard & port rooms

Only where the stairs and elevators are at can you get across, on the Verandah deck. On the Navigation deck you can get across in the Neptune lounge also.

Barry

Old May 27th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Captain

Not every ship has a Neptune Lounge. Category "B" cabins are on Verandah deck....not Navigation Deck where the Neptune Lounge is .....on all ships except Zuiderdam. On Zuiderdam, Neptune Lounge is on Rotterdam Deck.

But, to answer your question, the only way from one side of the ship to the other is at the stairway/elevator opening

I don't think you mentioned which ship. On Maasdam, Veendam, Ryndam, Statendam ....there is no midship stairwell. Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Zuiderdam have a center stairwell which is much more convenient.
Old May 27th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: starboard & port rooms

I am sorry Judy, I had thought that they said they are thinking about going to Alaska NEXT year, and that I went deck by deck. Unless something changes by this time next year, I belive that MOST of the ships should have there Neptune lounges, and I am sorry that I gave them info on the next deck up just in case they want to book a better cabin in the S or PS.
The last I heard that they will not be having Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, or the Prinsendam in Alaska next year, that the Maasdam, Rotterdam, Ryndam, Volendam, and Zanndam will be there, but who knows things are always subject to change.

LindaE
We get rooms across the Hall from each other when we take the kids with us, It has always worked out for us. This year we are going on the Amsterdam in September to Alaska have the kids and rooms across again, but also will have 6 other couples that are going along in there own cabins, never had that many before, but I think it will be fun most of them have never been to Alaska before. Half the fun is Planning the cruise so have fun.

Barry

Post Edited (05-27-03 23:50)
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Captain

Barry....I replied relative to "B" category as that is what the poster was asking about but your "S" and "PS" info is always helpful. Like you say....they may decide to upgrade.

Have you been able to absolutely confirm Maasdam, Veendam , Zaandam etc are getting Neptune Lounges? I have heard they might, they probably will.....but I do not yet have absolute confirmation. All I have definitively been advised is that they will all get a Pinnacle at their next drydock. Sure HOPE Neptune Lounges will also be added. We have become accustomed to having the Neptune and really miss it when we are on a ship that lacks it.
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Maasdam will be in Canada/New England next summer and the Rotterdam in Europe.