Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Suzie Provo

Default Need help choosing a ship

Dear Holland America fans,
I've been on 9 cruises but never on Holland. (Princess, Celebrity & Royal Carribean). I've heard that Holland America has a fabulous product, and would like to try them. I like the ships that are newer and about 1800 passengers, so which ship would you suggest? Would like to take a Western Carribean cruise in January. I get confused with all the "Dams", and need the help of experienced cruisers on this line. My last cruise was on the Sea Princess (Southern Carrib.) and my next one is in Aug. on Celebrity Constellation Baltics & Scandinavia. If it matters, my age is 53 and my significant other is 57. We are both very active and appear to others to be about 10 years younger than our ages!!!

Thank you in advance for your help.
Suzie
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Need help choosing a ship

The Volendam, Zuiderdam, and Zaandam are the size you want. Most H.A.L. ships are a tiny bit smaller averaging about 1300 to 1650 passengers at capacity. I think I prefer the slightly smaller ships. However I was very pleased with the Star Princess last spring and it is huge. I am a H.A.L. fan but Celebrity and Princess both do a great job as well, in my humble opinion. But H.A.L. has the best "Dam" ships at sea. ;0)
Old June 13th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Need help choosing a ship

Veendam is smaller and is changing to a newer itinerary out of Tampa. Ports include Belize, Cozumel, Guatamala, and Costa Maya, Mexico. This is a gret itinerary if you have interest in Mayan ruins. It is about 1300 passengers, but a very nice ship.