Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Default Table for 2 on Zaandam?

Does anyone know if tables for 2 are available? I have requested one, but don't know if it is even a possibility.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Table for 2 on Zaandam?

Try this link:
http://www.hollandamerica.com/fivestarfleet/zaandam.htm
HAL has a very good site, and if you get lost or can't find what you want just go to the contact page and there will be all the phone numbers you need.
And yes they do have tables for two, but we have found out that it is more fun to be at a larger table, that way you get to met more people.

Barry

Old June 14th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lots of tables for two on the Zaandam. Note that table arrangements are made on the ship only. There will be a note in your stateroom with the table number you have been assigned. Head to the room designated for table changes ( it will say in the daily program: usually this is the Hudson Room) and examine the dining room map there to see want and where your table is. If you have not been assigned what you want, sign up to talk to the 2nd Maitre D's on duty.. If you are lucky you will get JoJon, who is the best, and he will bend over backwards to get you what you want. HAL can be very eager to please, if you land the right staff person to deal with.
Old June 14th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Mirish

Ask your travel agent to request the size table you want, also the location (upper lever or lower level). This has always worked for us. Our travel agent requests a table for two, upper lever, by the rail, and we have never been disappointed yet.
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Maril

Hi Missy
Just off the Zaandam last week. Yes, there are tables for two. First hour on board, ask for Cecep, (See Sepp) and ask him to fix you up. He was our waiter and did anything we asked for. Most tables for two tho are not near the plate glass windows. When are you going?
Had a great time bit my steak on the last night was sup[posed to be an RibEye and came as a thin sirloin that was cooked very tough. Was sorry to have such a bad last meal on board. But all other food was fabulous.
maril
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:31 PM
blb57

Default Re: Re: Table for 2 on Zaandam?

We sailed on Zaandam in April. Requested very strongly to our TA for a Table of 2. This was our anniversery, which we also mentioned. Once we were on board the first thing we did was check out our table. Unfortunately it was a table for 8!! We requested a change but we were told several times that no Tables for 2 were available!! I bet if we slipped him a $20 he would have come up with one because every evening at dinner we saw several open tables for 2. This is my biggest beef with cruising . The only time we were ever accomodated was on Carnival after we slipped the Maitre'D some cash. That doesn't seem fair to me. I guess we should have screamed louder.!
Old June 18th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Mirish

They usually give the table request to those who book first. Good reason for booking early, if this is important to you. We book early and have always have our request filled.

The reason you saw tables for two empty are because some nights people eat at the Lido or alternative restaurant. We know of one couple who asked every night, if there was a table for two available, and they did get one nearly every time, sitting in the place of someone who had reservations in the alternative restaurant. Of course, they never got to sit at the same table twice, but they got a table for two whenever it was available.
Old June 20th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone! We had our TA make the request, so we'll see how it goes - we're going Nov 15th and really looking forward to it!

Thanks again,
Missy