Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Lynncruiser

Default Rotterdam Cabins

We are getting ready to book our second Holland cruise but first with handicapped cabin and wonder if anyone knows about configuration on the Rotterdam? We have a Main Deck, Level E cabin (E2702) at rear of ship port side. Standard rooms there are 196 sq ft and Iíve learned this is 233 sq ft. Photos in book/online show beds on the far wall on window side and wonder if that changes with the larger size of the accessible cabin-thatís one important item. We use a lot of dialysis equipment and place it to one side of the bed w room necessary for my husband to still get in and out of bed. If the beds are placed on the other/long wall there is much more room available. Also, are there good handgrips in bath and shower? He uses the shower chair and needs to be able to hold on getting up and down.

Iíll be faxing them Monday but it would help to know from any of you. Tried the phone but have to contact them in writing. Iíd love to have what looks to be a larger Level B but none available plus unsure if Iíd approve the price, trying to budget on this. I was very disappointed with the handicapped cabins on Holland. No rooms by elevator, only at each end and many with obstructed views. Yuck! Not even a good selection w balconies. Had a great plus good location cabin on Infinity but a bit newer. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Rotterdam Cabins

read your post in crusie mates, wondered what trip you are booking on, my hubby and I always do things on the last minute, are considering the 8/15 sailing on the Rotterdam, we've never been on HAL...?

Joyce