Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce
Default Final Payment

Going to Alaska, August 24th thru August 31st. MsStatdendam on Seward to Vancouver route. This is our first cruise and its for our 25th Annitversary.

Made my final payment just a few minutes ago by phone. My TA says the price went down once and may have gone down again. Said she will check and Email me with the final amount. Took the advice of those on this board and used a credit card.

Thanks for all the helpful hints so far
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Final Payment

Hello, Joyce,

Give your travel agent a call and ask them to please contact Holland America and have the lower price(s) applied to your booking. It is a simple call and easy to do! There might be some restrictions - the lower prices might be available only for new bookings, for instance - but it is not an unreasonable request in the least to ask your travel agent to call Holland America and have them apply the lower price(s). Many travel agents don't do this type of thing because it lowers their commission and it takes 10-15 minutes to do. I think it is the right thing to do and the travel industry is a service industry and it is just good service! After all, the travel agent works for the clients' best interest and not for the cruise lines.

Best Regards,
Julia Elzie
http://www.cruisingco.com
E-mail: juliae@cruisingco.com
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Mark T

Default Re: Final Payment

Yours went down...I just checked and our price went up $350 per cabin! Low pricing on the Zuiderdam must have had an impact, because prices went up across the board for the 9/27 sailing.

Good thing we locked in at the lower price.

MarkT