Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2003, 08:32 PM
toley

Default Sailed on Rotterdam?

Hello,
We have our docs in hand and are counting down to our July Canada/New England cruise on the Rotterdam. We'd like to hear from anyone who has sailed on Rotterdam in the last year regarding food, service, etc. Also if you have advice on what to see/do in the ports, it would be appreciated. Is it necessary to tender at any of the ports on that cruise? One more request.......could we get some help ordering sun for July.......please
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Sailed on Rotterdam?

Hello,

I've cruised on the Rotterdam and it was outstanding!

The ship is beautiful and I love all of the original artwork and sculpture around every corner, and the fresh tropical flower arrangements are stunning. The Rotterdam was a lovely ship, very nice decor, the staterooms are a nice size and very comfortable. The decor is very luxurious, but not pretentious and definitely a nice, comfortable elegance. I felt very pampered during the cruise - I seriously injured my knee and I had 2 room stewards, a member of the ship's Purser's staff taking care of me instantly. When I got back from a very uncomfortable, painful dinner, there was a tropical floral arrangement waiting for me with get well wishes. The ship is a wonderful size - it could be easily walked and felt very friendly - I got to know many of my fellow cruise guests because I would see them again and again throughout the cruise. The service on the ship is excellent - the dining steward remembered how I like my meat prepared and that I like to finish my meal with hot tea, and he remember after the first night!

The crew is very interesting and friendly. Most of them come from the Philippines and are ambitious, well-traveled people who are working hard to make a better life for themselves. I would recommend chatting with them and getting to know them and they have some wonderful stories to tell.

Best Regards,
Julia Elzie
http://www.cruisingco.com
E-mail: juliae@cruisingco.com
Old June 20th, 2003, 04:18 PM
toley

Default Re: Re: Sailed on Rotterdam?

Julia,
Thanks for the very positive post of your experience on the Rotterdam. We are really looking forward to it. This is our second HAL cruise and hope this one will be as memorable as our cruise on the Volendam to Alaska.

Has anyone done the Montreal to Boston itinerary? We're curious about the ports.

Thanks,
Toley