Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2003, 10:13 PM
tarak

Default noordam - 8/10/03

Anyone going on this cruise? Anyone been on this cruise for suggestions on shore excursions or doing it alone?
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2003, 06:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: noordam - 8/10/03

Where is the ship going and what are the ports? This would help to give you an answer.
Old July 5th, 2003, 02:34 PM
tarak

Default Re: Re: noordam - 8/10/03

The cruise starts in Copenhange one 8/10/03 then to Tallin, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; Visby, Sweden; Berlin, Germany; Arhus, Denmark. Any suggestions on what to see or NOT to see would be greatly appreciated. Also, would like to hear from anyone that is going on this cruise on 8/10. Thanks.
Old July 5th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did this cruise in 2001 on with a slightly different itinerary. All of the ports were great. i'm an architect so I was really interested in the old towns and palaces. The bus tours may seam long but it was a nice place to nap after all of the walking it did. the Noordam is a nice little ship. My favorit place to sit was up in the Crow's nest lounge. It was a great place to watch the activities in port and rest my feet after a long day of walking and climbing stairs

Tallian - walking tour of the old town

Saint Petersburg - 1st day -Peterhof & Puskin Palace Tour, Private St. Petersburg Opera Company Concert. This was along day but well worth the time. 2 nd day - Hermitage Museum & Peter & Paul Fortress Tour. This was on the 4th of July so every time we got off the bus there were street musicians playing the Star Spangle Banner and Hail to the Chief.

Helsinki - The city tour

Stockhom - City Hall & the Vasa Museum tour (very interesting) & Royal Palace & Old Town Tour

Ka;mar, Sewden - Orresfors Glassworks, Save your money for shopping here. The prices are great, but be prepaired for carring your purchases home. Shiping on the items cost as much as the 2 pieces that I purchased.

Berlin - Museum Tour. It's a long day, but well worth it. The experience on the train was like something out of an old spy movie. I'd like to go back to Berlin again.

Copenhagen - The Castles of Zealand Tour. I also spent 2 extra days own my own and visited Tivoli Gardens (eat at the rib place right out side the main entrance) and a canel tour.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old July 7th, 2003, 01:25 AM
gloria rosenkrantz

Hi,

We are going on this cruise. Interest in sharing excursions etc. regards,

gkrantz@airmail.net
Old July 27th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Thomas L. Luehne

My wife and I will be sailing on the Noordam out of Rome on September 23, 2003. Have sailed with HAL before on the Westerdam, but never on the Noordam. Anyone have any information on the Noordam. I see it's their oldest ship and was wondering if it has been kept up. We loved our trip on the Westerdam, service, food, cabin all excellent. Hope it will be the same on the Noordam. Any infor will be appreciated. Thanks
Old August 5th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Julia Ledyard

Default Re: Re: Re: noordam - 8/10/03

I was on the ill-fated July 21st cruise. Below are the tours I went on.
Tallinn. Tallinn's Old Town---A Walking Tour, great guide, good tour.
St. Petersburg. I did Peterhof the first day and enjoyed it. Did Glories of St. Petersburg the second day. Great and great guide. My sister enjoyed the Gala Evening at Yusupov Palace.
In Helsinki I did the Helsinki City Tour. Enjoyed it.
In Stockholm I did the Royal Palace and Old Town. It was so-so. Not very comprehensive.
In Warnemunde I went on the Bad Doberan Cathedral and Molli Steam Train. Great tour, super guide. My favorite.
In Arhus I went on the Historic Walking Tour and throughly enjoyed it. Again, a great guide.