Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Soda cards again, sorry

I've sailed HAL 6 or 7 times but do not remember "soda cards" being available. From reading other posts on this site, it looks like other lines have them - wondering if HAL offers such a thing. Anyone seen/used them on HAL?
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Captain

Default Re: Soda cards again, sorry

Yes. We don't drink much soda, so don't buy the cards. I think for a seven day cruise, the card costs something like $22 (maybe a bit more) for unlimited soda from the bars in glasses. It does not include cans of soda, nor soda taken from a cabin mini-bar or soda at HMC. I have heard varied reports as to whether it includes soda in the dining room. Some ships, some people say it did include the dining room. Others have said on other ships, it did not. Inquire when you are aboard as to the ship's policy that particular cruise. There seems to be alot of inconsistency.
Old August 12th, 2003, 03:58 PM
ashuma

They were $27.50 for our 7-day Zuiderdam cruise in June. Beleive they are the same on other ships for 7 days cruises. Not sure of the price for longer cruises. You do not get cans -- get dinks by the glass. But were able to use the card anywhere on the chip, including all dining rooms and bars.
Old August 12th, 2003, 03:59 PM
ashuma

Forgot to mention, also used the card in lounges when bar tenders available to get you drinks, including the Vista Lougnge. Just not in the Neptune Lounge since they had no soda there.
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Thanks to all for the answers. Promise to never again bring up the subject!
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Passenger

The cost of a the soda card for 12 day cruise wad $47.50 and could be used only for "fountain" sodas, not soda in cans and could only be used by the soda card holder.
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:27 AM
Stephie

For all of you trying to decide if it is worth the money for a soda card, just think, you have already spent at least several hundred on the cruise, why be a cheapie about the drinks. The first day of our last cruise, I tried to hold out, just getting them for my kids (by the way on Royal Caribbean the kids' soda cards are cheaper than adult ones). Well, by the next morning I had a migraine type headache and thought I might have motion sickness. In reality, I think I was dehydrated, missing my usual caffeine, and the meclazine (motion sickness pill) was making me feel worse. I found that having my usual Coke for breakfast, lunch and dinner made me feel a lot better.
Old August 26th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to ASUWife

If you are a soda drinker, definitely get the cards!!! We were just on a Norwegian's Hawaiian Islands cruise, and it was HOT!!! Having a soda card sure kept dehydration at bay. They were $25 for a 7 day cruise on NCL...I think the kids' cards were less (for those 12 and under).

We will be on the Maasdam in November and will for sure buy a soda card!

Becky