Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Marion Paris

Default HELP-CABIN INFO NEEDED

Zuiderdam. Just went to HAL site to fill out immigration docs.

Cabin was changed to Category D - outside from Category I - inside. Cabin will be a bit larger with window.

Anyone ever been on the Main Deck? Just curious - is there a lot of noise being due to the location near the Atrium? I have never been down so low before, usually get the upper decks.

Your experience and expertise will be appreciated. The cabin is toward the stern. I am concerned being so low, I understand this ship has a vibration problem (which is very noticable near the stern, lots of people have complained because it is not a pleasant dining experience)and will be going into drydock in December to correct the problem.

The cabins on this deck are more expensive than some outside cabins that are located on decks higher up. Don't get the cabin placement and pricing.

Many thanks for your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2003, 04:03 PM
ashuma

Default Re: HELP-CABIN INFO NEEDED

Personally that's why we book a specific mid-ship cabin and not a guarantee. But have no specific experience with that level and placement of cabin. We sailed on Zuiderdam on Deck 7 -- Rotterdam Deck -- and it was a great cabin and location. No noise from Lido above, no vibration, and rode the heavy surf well. No vibration where we were.