Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Parking at Port Everglades

We will be leaving on the Zuiderdam on October 4th from Port Everglades. I need some help in understanding how the parking is handled! Is it first come - first served? From their web site I see there are two parking garages, how do I determine which number the "Z" will be departing from? Is this a TA question? I've looked at my travel documents & can see nothing about a number. Or is all this irrelevant and is it close enough to walk to all departing vessels? Thanks, Cathy
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Parking at Port Everglades

When we drove into the port they told us what pier our ship was at. It was #26 (I think), right across from the midport parking deck. Hubby dropped me off with the luggage, parked, and walked across the street and met me. It is a huge deck- plenty of spaces. However, when we returned we unfortunately docked at Pier #4- a long way and certainly not walking distance. HAL did provide a bus to take everyone who had driven to the midport deck, but we didn't want to wait for the bus to fill and took a cab. The driver was not the least bit happy when we told him where we wanted to go; obviously it would have been a very small fare. He ended up demanding 10 bucks from us!
Old September 24th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Peaches, thanks that helps a lot! If you don't mind could you give me an idea on the "soft drink cards" that can be purchased. Did you use one? Do you feel it was economical? How much are soft drinks on the ship? Thanks for your help! Cathy
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did purchase a soda card for my husband- it includes not only Coke products, but ginger ale, tonic, etc. - from the bar only in glass w/ ice, not cans. I believe the price was $26 or 27 for our 10 day cruise. Because we purchased it I can't tell you what the price of an individual soft drink was w/out the card. For us I don't think it paid; he didn't drink as many sodas or tonics as he thought he would. But it could very well be a good deal if you thought you would be drinking 10+ sodas over the course of your cruise (est. the price per glass @ $2 or so). Iced tea and water are available all day in the Lido at no charge.

I forgot one thing about the parking, Cathy- DO NOT FORGET to write down the area where you park your car in the parking garage and put it in a safe place in your wallet for your return when you get your car. My husband didn't and lo and behold 10 days later he didn't have a clue where the car was and it's a big multi-level garage! It wasn't only him! The whole midport garage was full of people hitting the 'panic button' on their car key trying to set off their car alarm to locate it. All you could hear was alarm after alarm being set off and no one knowing whether it was their car or not! It's funny now; wasn't then!
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Peaches,
Thanks so much for all your help, my husband thought the parking gargage situation was funny, he wouldn't have if it had been him. You have helped a lot. Tks, Cathy