Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 05:02 PM
bruskie

Default Zuiderdam staterooms

My husband, two young daughters, and I are hoping to board the Zuiderdam for its January 24th sailing. We have sailed with Celebrity for the past four years (Galaxy, Century, and Millennium) and are new to HAL. We love the family aft-facing cabins on Celebrity (they're huge, especially the ones on Millennium) and are wondering if there is anything comparable for a family of four on the Zuiderdam. I was told the AA, A, BB, and B all can sleep four and that the B staterooms have larger balconies, but I'm hoping to find out if we'll feel squished in the cabin. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Jkm7

Default Re: Zuiderdam staterooms

You might want to look at the "S" cabins. They are definitely large enough for four persons and those cabins enjoy great amenities. A really long list of "extras" only available to "S" and "PS" passengers.
Old November 5th, 2003, 05:06 PM
the suite life

Try to avoid the aft cabins with the larger balconies if possible. I sailed on the Zuiderdam on 09/08 in the corner suite and it was so noisy from the engine I could not hear when room service knocked on the door. All the furniture and the closets made a horrendous noise. HAL has better cabins than celebrity in my opinion-larger, with tubs in each bathroom. Sure beats Royal Carribean where you must stand on the toilet if you are showering and drop the soap.
Old November 11th, 2003, 03:59 PM
HB

Just returned from 7 days on the Zuiderdam. GRETA SHIP!! We were not in an aft cabin, but had friends who were. Aft cabin verandahs are huge from what I saw, but they are not very private. People on the decks above can look down as each lower deck is further toward the back. If you aren't worried about that...go for it.

HB