Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Dr_Cosmos

Default Ships that permit alcohol

Sometime recently someone posted a link that had the policies for all cruise lines regarding the taking aboard ship of various alcohols. I have since lost the link and would appreciate it if anyone can repost it.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Southbound
Default Re: Ships that permit alcohol

Since you posted your inquiry on the HAL board, I can only speak to that particular cruise line. HAL permits pax to carry on reasonable quantities of wine, soda (other than Coca Cola products because of a contract agreement with CC), champagne, water. Carry-on bags are screened & any beer or liquor is removed, labeled with pax name & cabin #, receipt is given and beer/liquor is returned to pax at end of cruise. We personally saw this happening to pax at embarkation when we were leaving on the Oosterdam on 2/29/04. From what I've read on another cruise forum website, this seems to be standard policy with most of the other cruise lines. I believe the list you are looking for was posted at boardscruisecritic.com.
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Southbound
Default Re: Re: Ships that permit alcohol

Sorry, the correct path is: boards.cruisecritic.com.