Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Cynthia

Default Price of drinks aboard ship?

As a new cruiser to HAL, generally what is the price of wine with dinner, drinks before? Possible to bring own aboard? Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
kathyh

Default Re: Price of drinks aboard ship?

On the Maasdam a couple months ago, a glass of wine was (I believe) $5.50. I don't know about your other questions.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Price of drinks aboard ship?

Hi Cynthia,

We got a decent bottle of wine for $24 at dinner. HAL will save what you don't drink one night and bring it to you the next. That is cheaper for us than the $5-6 a glass.

Bar drinks seem to run about $4.50 for "well" drinks (reasonable brands) and between $6-8 for the more expensive name brands and exotic drinks.

We bought a litre of Bacardi at the onboard store for $9.95 and paid the $2.00 "corkage fee" to bring it to our stateroom. A lot less expensive than hauling it from home and no fears about breakage either. The mixer goes for $1.75 a can so if you are into hauling from home I would think the soda pop would be the thing to haul.

I believe some folks brought wine from home and paid a "corkage fee" of about $10.00 to have it chilled and served in the dining room. For us it was too much hassle to save a few dollars as we aren't heavy drinkers and a bottle lasted us two meals even tho' we were sharing with another couple who were celebrating their anniversary that night. If we hadn't shared it would have lasted us three.

Hope this helps.

Volendam Panama Canal Repo
Statendam to Hawaii 2004