Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Default Noordam 3/28 - will u be there?

I will be sailing on the Noordam 3/28. Anyone else out there? v6cjg@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Noordam 3/28 - will u be there?

I will be on this cruise and can hardly wait to leave the cold Toronto weather. I am travelling by myself and am looking forward to making a lot of new friends, as I always do on HAL cruises. The itinerary looks great. I haven't been to St. Lucia, Guadulope, Bonaire or Margarita Island and it will be great to explore these new places. If anyone has any advice on these ports of call, please post them.
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Noordam 3/28 - will u be there?

I am straight female 45 and I am also traveling by myself. For the first time, I am trying the Single Share Program. I sure hope it works out or 14 days will be a very long time. I am in Maine so I am very cold as well. Four more weeks! I have not been to these Islands either and excited about going. I really wish we were spending more time in Aruba. We will not have time to do much there.
Hope to see you onboard.
Cindy
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Noordam 3/28 - will u be there?

Hi Cindy

I'm also a straight, mid-forties, (divorced) female. I love to cruise by myself (this will be my fourth cruise alone). I find that I meet so many more people when I travel alone. I pay for the single supplement as I really love my privacy and love to sleep in late when I'm on holidays. I find that Holland America (once you are a repeat customer), gives you really good rates on the single supplement. Perhaps you will be lucky and have the room all to yourself. Also, if the ship is not full, perhaps you can ask to be moved to a separate room at no charge. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I have a stressful job (legal assistant in a large law firm in Toronto) and find that nothing relaxes me like a cruise. I've been on the Noordam (1998) before so I know what to expect. I found the ship perfect for my needs. I'm not a party animal and I like the fact that people on most HAL cruises are very low-key and enjoy the peace of the ship.

If you woud like to get together on the ship or share info on the various excursions, etc, e-mail me directly at home at dorothyja@rogers.com. I've been doing some internet research on the islands I haven't been to. They all sound very interesting.

Dorothy