Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Posts: n/a
Default pasport

We will be cruising on the O~dam June 12 to Alaska. We will be making a stop in Victoria B.C. My neice doenst have a pasport but she has a childerens i.d. card. Can she use this? or should we bring the birt certificate also?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old February 28th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 144
Default Re: pasport

Check with HAL. Because you are leaving the US with a child that isn't your own, you may need the written and noterized permission of both of her parents (and custody papers if only one parent has legal custody).
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 28th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 164
Default Re: pasport

I'd go on and get her her own passport. It's good for 10 years and her parents have plenty of time to get it. Everyone should have a passport, child or adult. Without a passport she will need her birth certificate and a photo ID.

You will need a consent letter and medical release signed by both parents and notarized.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: pasport

If you don't get her a passport, you must bring her birth certificate. Since 2002, we are always asked for the birth certs for our boys when we visit Victoria. Our sister/bro-in-law were turned away from the border and had to drive home to Seattle b/c no birth cert. for their daughter! Some of our friends have needed both a certificate and picture id for their kids, but the birth certs alone have worked for us for the kids. We just sent away for passports for us as our licenses alone no longer worked last time we went (12/03). Be aware that when you order your passport, they send your certifited birth cert. w/ the application, so be prepared to go w/out for 6 weeks or so until the passport comes.

Have fun!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Re: pasport

CANADA - Passport or proof of U.S. citizenship and photo ID required. Minors (under 16) traveling alone or in someone elseís custody must present written authorization, signed before a notary, from the parent(s) or guardian. Visas are not required. Canadian immigration officials at ports of entry will issue persons planning to stay longer than 180 days a visitorís record. Anyone with a criminal record (including a DWI charge) should contact the Canadian Embassy or nearest Consulate General before travel. U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. For student or business travel, check with the Canadian Embassy, 501 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20001 (202/682-1740) or nearest Consulate General: CA (213/346-2701), MI (313/567-2085), NY (212/596-1700 or 716/858-9501), or WA (206/443-1375). Internet: www.canadianembassy.org

Reply With Quote


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa and Pasport? Cruise-N-Arky Celebrity 11 August 8th, 2013 01:25 PM
Pasport disneydude61 Carnival Cruise Lines 4 July 1st, 2006 10:49 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1