Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:38 AM
John and Marilyn

Default Parking at Port Everglades

Driving to Fort Lauderdale for sailing March 28.
What are the parking arrangements at the port?
Considering staying over i night before sailing,
any suggestions for a motel/hotel near the port
that provides parking and shuttle ?
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Parking at Port Everglades

Hi,

I am a travel agent, specializing in cruises, and I always get my information from the websites of the various ports. The website will have the latest information prices and parking information, along with driving directions to the port. As we all know, road construction projects start, security changes are made, etc., but the websites are usually kept up-to-date with the latest information.

If you are coming to the port with a long drive or if you are flying into the port city, I would recommend arriving a night prior to your cruise's departure. Then, you have extra time to allow for any delays that you might encounter and still arrive at the ship on time.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old March 9th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Big Apple

Try Spring Hill SUITES BY Marriot just south of the airport.Have stayed there the past two yrs. and they will shuttle both ways at no charge and keep your car at no charge.
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Talliho

Parking is good as far as being near to the docks, but give yourself plenty of time for getting into the port area and parking, and plan on delays.. Was most recently there in Jan. traffic was horrendous getting to embarkation; multiple lanes feeding into one, with buses, taxis, cars all wanting to do the same thing. You'll need picture IDs ready to get thru the checkpoint just to enter the port area, and again when you near your dock area.
Enjoy your cruise!
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Southbound

We just returned from our 4th HAL cruise in the past year & used the port's garage each time. Charge is $12/day in enclosed 4-level building w/elevators located directly across the road from the ship. On three occasions, we got there at around 9:30 a.m. & breezed right thru, no traffic, having only to stop to show our passports. On one occasion, we got there at 10:45 and encountered heavy traffic from 3 directions, but once past the security checkpoint it was smooth going. We stayed at the LaQuinta in Hollywood (a very short drive to the port); very nice, clean room, at a reasonable rate and within walking distance to several good restaurants. They have a shuttle to the port but said they are not permitted by the port admin. to come in with their shuttle to pick up and advised us a taxi back to the hotel would cost about $10. We live on Florida's west coast and found driving over to FLL the day before is the wise way to go to allow for any unforeseen problems and parking at the port is much more expedient upon disembarkation.
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have parked in the dock parking garage several times and find it is well worth the cost to have the security that your car is safe and also the convenience when you disembark. One suggestion- whoever parks the car be sure to write down the floor and area he parks on in the parking garage and put it in his wallet.

Don't laugh- my DH was not the only one going from floor to floor pushing the panic button on his key to locate our car. All you could hear were alarms going off all over the parking deck! He thought he'd remember w/out writing it down. .
Old November 22nd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Passenger

Default CRUISE

I am planning to cruise over to the bahamasfor 3 nightsin february on discovery. What time should i be there in time to board the ship. i think it leaves at 7:45am. I have never been on a cruise ship before so i don't know anything about what to do once i get there we are driving from tennessee and arriving the night before we leave. anyone with advice i would love to hear it.
Old December 9th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Ed Baldwin

Amerisuites at 17th st, has free parking and free shuttle to and from the ship. also the rates are reasonable
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:12 PM
C. Walles

Hello:
I'm sure by now you have made pre-cruise arrangements; however, if not we found the following to work for us.

We have in the past and will on our upcoming Cruise (January 15th) stay at the Fort Lauderdale Plaza Hotel. The Hotel is right across from the beach and costs $129 per night which includes leaving your car in their parking lot which in our case is 10 days. It also is just a short distance to the pier. The cost for a shuttle is $6 per person. We like getting to Fort Lauderdal the day befor our cruise so we can get some RR after driving. Hope this might help
CW
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Lloyd Hadden

Does anyone know what time the parking garages open at Port Everglades, Florida? Please e-mail me as soon as possible if you know.
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Jim Gieges

I believe I can give you some first hand info. I grew up in SE Lauderdale very near Port Everglades and the Causeway. We also are going on a HAL cruise out of the port next October and I have been searching for a hotel that will pick up/drop off. We do not intend on renting a car but will arrive in Lauderdale one day prior to sailing and will stay an extra night after the cruise. We intend on staying on the beach both nights and enjoying the tropics as long as possible. I now live outside Denver and the weather makes me miss the beach on many ocassions.

What I have found so far is two Best Westerns and an Amerisuites. MY first choice is the Best Western Oceanside Inn located on the south end of the beach only a short 5 minutes ride to the docks. They will give us a queen room with a pool or beach view, breakfast both mornings and a pick up at the airport, a lift to the ship. To get a ship pick up and a ride back to the airport will be an additional $16.00 for two which is fine with me seeing that we will be staying the extra night. The room runs around $100.00. I called the hotel directly to see when it was last upgraded and was told 5 years ago. The property is in a quiet area on the beach, very close to everything you will need, including shopping and restaurants. A walk on the beach going south will be like having a house on a private beach. Bahia Mar boat docks are a one minute walk from the hotel.

The Best Western Marina Inn Yacht Harbor is located acrossed the intracoastal and the harbor from Port Everglades......you can see ships move in an out of the harbor. Obviously, the drive to Port Everglades is less than two minutes. Call them to see what the drill is on pick up/drop off is. I am sure they have a deal for you. The location is just acrossed the road from Pier 66, an expensive but great property. (Read: $250.00 + per night.) Go to the revolving bar on the top floor for a fun time and a super view.

The Amerisuites is on 17th Street Causeway very near the entrance to Port Everglades. They will pick up/ drop off at the ship and airport, NC. Plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area.

If you are parking at the port, you will have no problem. The parking structure is located right next to the check in at the docks. If my memory serves me well, parking is $9.00 per day. Please contact me for any further question or ideas. gieges@earthlink.net

Regards, Jim