Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:15 AM
First Mate

Default REFURBISHING THE SHIPS

Anyone have the info on when the ships will all be redone? I know they start on the luxury cabins & work down. I am on the Zaandam May 22nd and wld love to sleep on a new mattress with new sheets, blankets etc. as the old ones were kind of shabby the last time on her in spring/03. May be on the Volendam this fall as well and it needed a 'redo' also (on 'her' fall/03). Thanks in advance & happy cruisin'!
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: REFURBISHING THE SHIPS

Zaandam Wet Dock - April 17th - probably new mattresses, pillows, etc. but not really sure what they will do.

Volendam Dry Dock, April 4th. Same probably.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:31 AM
Big Apple

Default Re: REFURBISHING THE SHIPS

Hi Cruisecrazy,Glad to see you on this board .Th e other closed as of today.Was on the Volendam last month and as usual a class act. I t really is nice to find a chair by the pool and have lemonade served as you sit in your chair on the sides of the ship.Food was outstanding and make sure you eat in the Pinnacle.All european staff there .Have heard all past passengers can dine there at half price the first nite.We are looking at arround the world cruise on Holland next yr .Even though may only be segment thepricing is favorable.Happy cruising and I mentioned this site to Paul.
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: REFURBISHING THE SHIPS

Ditto Big Apple - ah how nice - thanks for the welcome! - nNw I am really excited about my cruises. So sorry re: old board - will miss some folks but glad u told Paul - I also mentioned it and hopefully most will follow. Liked the layout and will miss it though - getting old I guess...Gee sounds great for around the world cruise even just a segment. Must consider something like that myself. Can't beat HAL hmmm? By the way, meant to mention on other posting re: tips that I agree - am considering having them take it off too as I like to present them myself. Thanks for mentioning that past pax can get 1/2 price at Pinnacle first nite - didn't know that...Wishing u happy cruisin' as usual and I am so glad u are here!!!
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: REFURBISHING THE SHIPS

Thanks DeeDee - now I can really get excited about my cruises although HAL is great normally anyway..happy cruisin'!!