Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Toley

Default Dining x4 impact

Wondering how the new dining schedule is impacting things. Is the new schedule in place on the Zuiderdam? Seems that it could be more trouble than it is worth.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Location: Brooklyn - Dyker Heights-Bay Ridge - NYC By The VZ Bridge
Default Re: Dining x4 impact

Toley,

I agree is some ways with you about the impact of this new idea.

I have seen many questions about many activities that take place onboard the ship ex. Will Showtimes change and how will they be effected and also How will Captain Welcome parties be effected. They are normally held one for the early sitting and one for the Late sitting. Will the ship now hold 4 Captain Welcome parties on the same day or will they separate them on two individual days.

These are some of the issues I have read on this site.

My concern is that they will serve the passengers in their traditional excellent manner that HAL is noted for.

We will be on the Rotterdam 5/27 cruise and know that we have been given the Early-Late (Lower Level) at 6:15PM. We orginally asked for Early sitting at reservation/booking time and were concerned if we were going to receive the 5:45PM or the 6:15PM. The earlier time can be a bit to early for dinner for some people.

Hope HAL does have an idea of how to handle these and other activities in conjunction with the New Dining Hours.

Regards

Old April 6th, 2004, 10:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Dining x4 impact

Ed S -
P-l-e-a-s-e! relax! - keep worrying and you'll never make the ship.

Did you really intend saying ...................

"My concern is that they will serve the passengers in their traditional excellent manner that HAL is noted for." Think maybe you forgot a 'not' in there somewhere.

You've been given the 6:15PM seating (original/old style early seating) but are still worrying about the 5.45 seating being too early.......you have what you wanted, I think. :-)

Seriously, HAL really does it's best to accommodate your wishes - we've never been disappointed.

Go..........Enjoy!

Old April 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Location: Brooklyn - Dyker Heights-Bay Ridge - NYC By The VZ Bridge
Default Re: Re: Dining x4 impact

Dear Suki,

Thank you for correcting my human error in spelling and grammar!

As a message board, all are here to discuss their concerns and topics that can effect also other cruisers on their trips and planning.

We do intend to appreciate the seating we requested and also enjoy the entire trip. We have had faith in HAL in the past otherwise we would not have rebooked again. Yes, a cruise is a time to relax.

Thank you for your CONCERN!