Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
kwjones

Default Karaoke on Oosterdam????

We haven't sailed HAL in quite a long time, but having the "Z" docked right behind the Caribbean Princess made me book the Oosterdam. I heard or read however, that they have no Karaoke, or passenger talent show aboard. Can anyone confirm, or deny for me??? I've grown to really enjoy doing what I probably would never do at home, and will miss it if it's true. Thanks for the info.
Happy Sailing
Ken
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
Thoth

Default Re: Karaoke on Oosterdam????

Great news Ken!! I Just returned from that ship! The Oosterdam has a very popular Karaoke contest named Oosterdam Superstar. The Queen's lounge was packed beyond seating capacity for that each night.
Also we had the passenger's lip synch show called "Great Pretenders'" in which your's truly did the world's worst Elvis impersonation.
It was great fun for all, so I am sure you too will enjoy yourself.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
kwjones

THANK YOU THOTH.... I really appreciate the info. I was about ready to look into changing ships, but now I'm excited and ready to "rock-n-roll".
Thank you,,,,,Thank you very much,,,,,
Ken
Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info... Going on the big "O" Oct. 24th and was wondering what the nightly entertainment would be like...
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
kwjones

Hello Bombero!! See you on the BIG "O". We too are sailing on Oct 24th, and look forward to seeing you at karaoke, lip sync, or whatever. Seriously, I'm sure there will be lots of "stuff" to do, and watch. Just remember,,,,even a bad cruise beats a good day at the office, and I'm sure this is going to be a GREAT CRUISE!
See you aboard,
Ken
Old August 3rd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Thoth

The shows on the Oosterdam were just wonderful. Of the 5 cruises that I have been on, those last week were the best. The ship is only 1 year old and therefore has many 21 century high tech bells and whistles so to speak. The stage can rotate and there is a pit lift so performers rise out of the floor. There are streamers/confetti which blow down from the ceiling. There seems to be an endless supply of sets, lights and props.
The Oosterdam cast of singers and dancers did 2 full shows, one was a country-rock theme and the other was a Jimmy Buffett/Beach Boys/ Latin America theme.
The magic show was first rate as was a singing group which preformed simply by vocalization(occupello mispelled). We had one night of clean family comedy with a "pickpocket". Another night was the Indonesion Crew Show where I was invited on stage and leaned to play a "anglung" in the anglung orchestra made up of crew members. My dining room waiter saw me on the front row and pointed to and said that I looked like a good sport and brought me on stage.
Needless to say, I had a blast!!!
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:25 PM
cruiseprincess0162

The intertainment is great! I loved it all! The comedian was awsome! I also loved the filipino crew show!
Jenna
Old August 14th, 2004, 03:05 PM
seawench

I'm going on the Oosterdam, sailing Oct. 31, and can't wait!
As a Parrothead ... I am thrilled to hear about the Buffett-themed show!
Old August 15th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Thoth

I saw the last shows of that group's contract, so hopefully the new cast will still do the same shows.