Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
Amy Smith

Default weather in dec-bahamas

My whole family just booked a 5night cruise on Zuiderdam for Dec. 18. I am very curious as to what the weather might be like in the bahamas that time of year. Is it generally warm enough to do the pool thing during the day? I have heard it can be pretty chilly at night. What type/season of clothes do we need to wear for dinner in the dining room at night?
Also, has anyone had to forgo the Half Moon cay trip in winter due to rough seas? I hope this is not a common thing because I know my 5 year old will think the private island is FABULOUS! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:20 AM
j redgate

Default Re: weather in dec-bahamas

the Bahamas is not sufficiently south to expect tropical conditions in December. Plan on moderate and pleasant. As far as getting wet goes there is always the hot tub. Usually the weather in early December is unremarkable so I'd count on Half Moon Cay being a go. If the itinerary does NAS-PLEASE invest in day passes to Atlantis Resort. It's absolutely remarkable, Disney has nothing on them. When will you chance upon this adventure again? Enjoy your cruise.
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: weather in dec-bahamas