Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Menus

Is there someplace I can find a sample menu of what is actually offered for meals on HAL? This will be our first cruise, and I'm just curious to see what actually is going to be served. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Readytobook

Default Re: Menus

Hi,
I am thinking on the cruisecritic.com site I saw someone post a link to some menus that they had brought home, scanned, and put on a personal web site. Other than that I have not seen anything.
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Location: Brooklyn - Dyker Heights-Bay Ridge - NYC By The VZ Bridge

Dear mk,

The website that you maybe interested in is:
http://home.comcast.net/~nab5

It is of a couple that publishes their reactions to their past cruises on the web.

Under the title below on that page, you will beable to click on dinner menus and view about 5-7 days of dinner menus. Looks interesting!

7/24/03 Added the dinner menus from the Rotterdam dining room.

I have sailed on the Rotterdam and these menus are pretty close to the style of the food they prepare.

I don't know of anywhere that the menu for the Lido or Breakfast is posted.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Old April 28th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Mona

Go to www.cruiseclues.com and find the menu link at the bottom. They list actual menus from several different ships and lines. Some very new; some older. It should help.
Old April 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM
First Mate

Dining room, Lido breakfasts on HAL - safe to say there's very little you CAN'T have! The fresh squeezed orange juice is to die for, the omelets, large or small, lots of whatever turns you on, your choice. Cream cheese, bagels, toasted or plain, add whatever your little heart desires.

Old April 29th, 2004, 05:11 PM
clo

My favorite meal memory was one night my husband and I shared five orders of caviar and four of King crab legs!!!! No soup, salad, side dishes or dessert. Hands down, probably the most decadent meal we've ever had. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:43 AM
j redgate

I'm not a big eater but I love reading about food. HAL has absolutely hands down the best selection at every meal. And if you don't see what you are looking for if asked they will come up with it. I've had pancakes at 4:00am.
Dinner is special, the choices are wonderful. It's a nightly celebration.. I've cruised seven lines and my pick is HAL.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Location: Brooklyn - Dyker Heights-Bay Ridge - NYC By The VZ Bridge

Dear Mona,

www.cruiseclues.com Great Site!

Lot's of Information!

Thanks!

Regards,
Ed S.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Susan Shipe

The menus are posted at the dining room entrance mid-day. The Lida buffet also has the menu posted by lunch time. My husband and i always stay in the dexluxe veranda suite where a copy of the day's menu is provided first thing in the morning, delivered to our room. This way we can make choices as to where we will eat. Either way, it is a nice walk to the dining room area to peruse the menus. We often see people look at the posted menu prior to going into the dining room. What ever works for you is fine.
Happy cruising.
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Menus

you and my daughter would be fast companions! at age 8 she was devistated when our waiter (aboard Disney) presented her with the children's menu which did not include the jumbo shrimp cocktails, crab legs or lobster tails our "grown up menus" listed. the waiter quickly realized he had a jr. seafood junkie aboard and made certain to include her in when detailing any seafood selections for the remainder of the trip!
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
First Mate

Sorrry to say that I was dissapointed in the selections offfered in the dining room on a 4day Ryndam Cruise. The only seafood offering was Talapia one night and Ling Cod another. The Cod was excellent but I was hoping for some dishes featuring scallops, shrimp or lobster. Sadly all of those items appeared on the menus of the Pinacle Grill for $29-$49 extra per person per dinner. All 3 Carnival Cruises I've taken have had all of the above including lobster tail and a RCCL cruise had all but lobster. While many other aspects of my HAL cruise were equal or superior to other lines, I really have to say that menu selection was not up to the competition.