Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:41 PM
valtandc

Default kids on mexican riviera cruise

my wife and i are planning a cruise to mexican riv around jan or feb of 2005. We have two kids ages 4 and 7. i've taken them on ncl dawn out of nyc and they loved it. so did we. there were many kids on that boat. I'm not looking for a kids cruise, but is this not a cruise to bring my kids on? they are good kids and I keep them in line. but they like to have a good time like all of us do. thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Default Re: kids on mexican riviera cruise

My wife and I are empty-nesters, so not used to being around young kids anymore-we are not anti-kid, just not used to youngsters anymore-bear with me.

We were on the Ryndam in April on a 10-day Mexican Riviera cruise and there were 150 kids on board-so over 10% of pax on board were youngsters. We rarely saw or heard them in groups of more than 2 or 3 and with one exception, they posed no difficulty or problem with us, and that problem was minor and was corrected rapidly (sometimes an unattended group of boys can get into mischief). I guess what I am trying to say is: bring the kids! I doubt that there will be as many on a Jan/Feb cruise as there were duing a spring break -time like on our cruise, but the cruise staff who opearate Club HAL for the kids seems to do a great job with young children. I don't know if the kids will enjoy Mexico, but they should enjoy the cruise itself. Hope this helps! Bill
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship

As a whole, the months of Janaury and February have a lower turnout of children vs during the month of December, Spring Break (early April) and the summer months when school is out.
I have gone on the same ship in Janaury and then in July with a completely different passenger mix.

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09
Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

The western itinerary is probably the best for kids. It concentrates more on water sports and less on the shopping that seems to be a main event on the Eastern Caribbean itineraries.

I'm taking my niece and nephew (13 year old twins) on the June 26 sailing of the Zuiderdam. It will be their first cruise and I think they'll find more to do than on the Eastern itineray. It will be my 4th time on a western itinerary.