Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Susan Hofer

Default Veendam from Tampa

Has anyone done this 7 day Western Caribbean out of Tampa in February? We are thinking of combining it with a short stay with my folks in Clearwater. We are in our 50's and afraid we might be the youngest people on the ship. We would be new to Holland America having done Celebrity & RCCL. The time of year & location are what we are looking for. Celebrity has Horizon out of Tampa and we have been on her before.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Art

Default Re: Veendam from Tampa

My DW, DD and I did this this past April. I know that it was spring break, but we were surprised that the pax were nowhere near as "old" as we were expecting. I would say that the majority of the crowd was 35 - 55 with kids in tow. I don't know what it would look like in Feb (although a lot of schools are now taking of a full week for Presidents day).
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Passenger

I went on Veendam last December. Very few kids and ages ranged from 20s to really old. Nice mix of people. Leaving out of Tampa is fantastic. My Veendam trip went to Key West, Belize, Guatamala and Cozumel. Was fantastic. Veendam is my favorite ship by far. Very friendly staff and a "real" movie theater. Try it, you'll like it.
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Admiral

We did Veendam last Thanksgiving. Great mix of people. Super chef! Nice itineraries, loved Guatamala.
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Passenger

You won't be the oldest. We have cruised HAL 4 times, and RCCL and others numerous times. (But not Carnival, which is supposed to be a younger crowd.) We see no difference in RCCL ages and HAL. You'll have a great time. The good news is this: maybe the disco won't be too crowded.

The only time pax were old and boring was the Panama Canal bargain cruise.

Grandma Bev
(who plans to do the PV Canopy tour to celebrate her 70th birthday Christmas week).
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
John & Elaine

We did it last January and had a great time. Not a party ship but nice mix of people. The over 60 crowd is the majority but enough of others especially in the mid-40 to late 50's. We heard a few compaints about limited kids activities but that not what their known for.

Otherwise a pretty and traditional ship, very good service and food but intimate. Kinda like sharing a very large yatch with lot's of friends. Not so large so you'll see the same people pretty regularly. We're doing the RCCL Spendour in 05 for Valentines day for a change.

Happy sailing
Old July 31st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is anyone else doing one of the 14-Day Veendam cruises from Tampa?
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Captain

We're going on the twelve dayer.