Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2004, 06:59 PM
damon denton

Default Concert Pianist would like your advice on cruises

Hello everyone! My desire is to play on a cruise ship as I am single and am very able to come and go from my central location of the southeast, U.S. I attended juilliard in NYC and studied with a great russian virtuoso ~ my website is: damondenton@damondenton.com
If anyone has any contacts that I might directly submit my CD's to to be considered to do a world cruise (preferably) or shorter cruises, could you please let me know?? I play everything: Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Beethoven, Liszt-- all the "hits"- and have won international prizes. I am just freed up to do something adventurous and really want to do some cruises! Any ideas? Anyone want to join me or want a companion to join them on a cruise? I am a great date and am respectful and well travelled and I can look out for you if you like! I live in Athens presently (Georgia) and I hope you will contact me with info on any cruise line that might like classical music or light broadway-jazz-opera-operetta. I sometimes play with soprano Jeanine Thames who sings at the Paris Opera and New York City Opera, etc.. As well, I play with some wonderful instrumentalists-- including Fred Mills from the Canadian Brass. However, for now I would just like to talk to some people that might have some leads or advice on who to call that is a good person to book me on a cruise ship. As well, it would be nice to make a new friend from your direct email! I can be reached at my website: damondenton@damondenton.com or thunderrumble@earthlink.net or my cellphone 706-207-8389.
Thank you!
Damon
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2004, 07:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Concert Pianist would like your advice on cruises

I don't know anyone... but... some good friends recently returned from a Celebrity cruise and met a singer onboard. She worked 4 hours each night (8-12) and that was it - she was free to dine with guests at dinner, and enjoy the cruise like normal. I also believe she had her own cabin. She was considered an "entertainer" which was different from "crew". Sounds like she had a pretty terrific deal!! They were traveling with a single male friend of their's, and he is now dating her. Good luck with your venture!!
Old August 15th, 2004, 08:39 PM
First Mate

I cannot bring up your web site address using the address you have given.

Would you please check and make sure it is correct. Thank you.
Old August 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM
First Mate

Try this one, Dizy:

http://www.damondenton.com/

It looks like he started typing an email address but meant to do just the www website. I just took the domain name and put www. in front of it - and it works.