Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Fashion Diva

Default Staendam Hawaii Dec 21 X-Mas

We will be taking the whole family three adults 39, 43, 50 and 73 with kids 10 and 12. Will there be many other pre teens on this sailing as well actvities? Does anyone no the current condition of the Statendam and if it has been re decroated or upgraded recently? From pictures i was able to research it looks run down. I'm very nervous as it is costing an arm and a leg. we are wait listed number 73 for the princess line. Please reply all coments thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Staendam Hawaii Dec 21 X-Mas

The ship is one of my favorite.. It has a lot of art work on it. There is excellent service and food.. The older people in your party will love it (50 and 73).. The younger people, well maybe?? The kids will hardly wait untill they get to Hawaii.. The kids program on this ship is not up to the standards as Princess or Carnival, but since I am an old person, I like that... So don't worry about it.. The shows are nice, the food is very good and the best part is that there are only about 1200 passengers on the ship, not 2600 like other ships.. So what does that mean?? It means that there are no lines and that the ship feels that it is your own ship and you will get great service, because the staff does not have to service 1200 more people like on other ships. Pleanty of room at the pool, bars, ect. You'll have a great time.. OM
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Victoria Short

My son, who is aged 10, will be on that cruise along with my husband and myself, and my foster brother and my mother. So there will be at least one other child along with yours.

No clue on the the actual condition of the Statendam, but last fall we heard how run down the Prinsendam was before our cruise, and it was spotless when we boarded. So I take most things with a grain of salt, now.

Pictures did not do the Prinsendam justice.

V
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Victoria Short

My son, who is aged 10, will be on that cruise along with my husband and myself, and my foster brother and my mother. So there will be at least one other child along with yours.

No clue on the the actual condition of the Statendam, but last fall we heard how run down the Prinsendam was before our cruise, and it was spotless when we boarded. So I take most things with a grain of salt, now.

V
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Victoria Short

V