Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Default Sea of Cortez

I am thinking of booking the 10-day Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruise on the Ryndam in February. I'd appreciate any comments you have about the Ryndam and which excursions you would recommend. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:28 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to spottedcamel Send a message via MSN to spottedcamel Send a message via Yahoo to spottedcamel
Default Re: Sea of Cortez

Hi,
I did this cruise last year, and really enjoyed the trip and ship. If you have been on some of the "sister" ships, you will be familiar with the Ryndam. (I had been on the Veendam, and Ryndam before I was on the Statendam last year.)

I really enjoyed getting away from the major cities when we stopped in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan - so I took the trips to Concordia and Copala in Mazatlan, and the Sierra Madre expedition out of Puerto Vallarta. They were different enough to be interesting, and away from the typical "beach" day or city tour. I personally like something a bit different.

A couple of the excursions that I wanted to take in the small towns on the Baja were cancelled (weather/water conditions stopped going out to see the Sea Lions) so we had a chance to poke around the towns, snack in a cafe and soak up a little local flavor.

Thankfully, there are many tours to capture any interests you may have.

I traveled before Whale season, so I missed the chance to see them in Cabo - but I hear that is a great experience.

Have a great trip.