Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:19 AM
erussell

Default Westerdam 1/4/05

Interested if anyone is sailing on this cruise? Deal great and I understand so is the ship.

er
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM
AnneBrand

Default Re: Westerdam 1/4/05

My husband and myself along with our 18 year old daughter are booked on this cruise. We can't wait have never sailed HA before. Our last cruise was RC Explorer of the Seas.
Old November 14th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Passenger

We came home yesterday after 12 nights on the Westerdam in the Med. It was fantastic. Food, staff, entertainment, everything. The organisation was amazing. We did have very rough seas but thanks to modern stabilizers the discomfort was minimal. Also, on the safety side, we had to use the lifeboats as tenders at Monte Carlo, and it was very reassuring how good they were. Our 19 year old son was not with us on this holiday as, rightly, we guessed that most passengers would be of retirement age. We were about the youngest, in our forties, but having said that, if he had been there I'm sure he would have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your holiday. Bon voyage!!
Old November 14th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Westerdam 1/4/05

Thanks Una, for letting us know what a wonderful time we all are going to have on our Jan. 4 cruise. Can't wait! - Jane

HAL Westerdam 1/05 Bahamas
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:56 PM
er634

Default Re: Re: Westerdam 1/4/05

Have been on many cruises and by far HAL is the best service and from all comments on the new ship so is this ship. 5th time doing this cruise all on HAL. If you only take one shore excursion the Dolphin encounter is great. At the beginning at the facility you will be given the opportunity to upgrade to swim. Encounter you are on a shelf and swim is truly swiming with dolphins and end is unbeliable.

Ellie
Old November 21st, 2004, 03:18 PM
Havasugal

My friend and I are both booked on this cruise. We are in our 30's....and both have kids we are bringing. Just curious if anyone in our age category will be there. We aren't totally interested in all-night partying, but don't want to go to bed at 10 p.m. either. Any input?
Shannon