Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2004, 11:36 AM
JasonToronto

Default Westerdam European cruise

Hi there!

My fiance and I are looking into the Westerdam European 14 night cruise in Sept. 2005 and wondering what people know or can recommend us about it. Particularly, what is the age group like, etc...
Thanks!
Jason!
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Westerdam European cruise

Hi Jason,

I have just typed a very long reply to your question, then something went wrong with the internet and it's gone, so I'll very briefly summarise what I wrote and if you want more details just get in contact.

We're just back from Med cruise (Rome - Barcelona) on Westerdam.

Fantastic.

Age group:- one or two young couples, one or two young families with toddlers, us (40's), and everyone else retirement age.

Don't let age thing put you off as entertainment geared to all ages and if you really want young company the Northern Lights Disco attracts off duty entertainment staff late at night.

Hope this is of some help.

Una
Old November 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Westerdam European cruise

I was on the same cruise and have the same thoughts. The crowds tend to be older, but there was always fun to be found. Great ship, great itenerary.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 11:25 PM
Eve

We just booked this same cruise, if it's the one I think. We booked the one going from Copenhagen to Rome, so I'd be interested in any comments as well.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Copenhagen to Rome sounds lovely. Our cruise on the Westerdam started in Rome then called at Valetta, Dubrovnik, Messina, Naples, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Ajaccio and Barcelona so I don't know if any of those places are on your itinery. If they are, I'm sure you'll love them. We went in early November (last Med cruise of the season) which meant ports of call were nice and quiet, but the weather was a bit wet now and then, and the sea was rough occasionally, so I think September should be a much nicer time to go weatherwise.

The Westerdam is lovely. It was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it with, but when talking to fellow passengers who were experienced cruisers, we were assured we had "started at the top". I could ramble on for ages about the ship, but if you have any specific questions about it, then I'll do my best to answer them.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Our holiday was the best one we've ever had and I would go again tomorrow.