Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:22 PM
christinaf

Default maasdam lower promenade cabins

I will be sailing on the Maasdam in May and would like to know if the outside cabins on the lower promade decks are a good idea. When people walk on the deck, can they see inside our cabin if they look in the window or is it like a two way mirror type of glass ? Also, are there any deck chairs on the lower promenade deck for passengers to sit on and watch the scenery ?

Thank for your responses

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:24 PM
slineberry528

Default Re: maasdam lower promenade cabins

I was on the Veedam last year and she is the sister ship to Maasdam. Yes, you can see in the cabins, most people had their curtains closed. there are wooden deck chairs on the promenade deck. I walked everyday and many people sat out there different times of the day to watch the scenery.
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Frank Black

I was on the Statendam twice in a similar cabin. During the day, no one could see in. The windows are tinted with a reflective coating. At night, we kept the drapes closed. You get light, but cannot see much past the outside promenade. I was one deck lower on the Ryndam and frankly, for an outside cabin, I would rather be down one deck.. Much betetr view of the ocean.
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Frank is right. Unless you press your nose right up against the window you cannot see in (tried it myself looking into our room) - all you can see are shadows. At night we did keep our drapes closed.
Old November 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have had Cat C & D cabins on the Ryndam, Volendam. You cannot see in the windows unless you are pressed up right against the glass or at night with the drapes open. I prefer this deck because you only have to walk down the hallway to step outside. We had a Cat B cabin on the Noordam and didn't really like it as much. The steamer chairs on the lower prommenade are fantastic. This is one of the primary reason I have choosen HAL the in past.
Enjoy your cruise.