Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 07:17 AM
bridget

Default precruise hotels

Anyone know of a good hotel to stay at the night before a cruise? would like one that provides free transportation from airport and cruiseport. we fly into FLL.
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Ed Baldwin

Default Re: precruise hotels

My wife and I use Amerisuites at 10th ave and 17th st, they furnish transportation free to the ship.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
Beginner

We are staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 which is actually on a little peninsula out in the water next to port everglades. It's where all of the yachts park and its literally across the bridge from the port.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Ed Baldwin

forgot to mention Amerisuites also have transportion to and from airport and cruise terminal, Rate for hotel are nominal.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Beginner

We have a reservation at the Ramada near the airport. The rate was good (AAA discount), free shuttle to airport and port, and includes a free hot breakfast. We're going next week, and are hopeful that it will be a comfortable hotel for the night before our cruise.
Old December 4th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Passenger

There are many good hotels. Embassy Suites, Comfort Inn, LaQuinta Inn and Suites, and if you have a larger budget there is always Pier 66.
Old December 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Cate M.

We are booked at the B/W Marina & Yacht Harbor Inn in January. Has anyone got a recommendation on this place? They have a free shuttle to the ship.

Cate
Old December 4th, 2004, 02:23 PM
babs1121

Default Re: Re: precruise hotels

Do any of these hotels let you park your car while you are on the cruise?
Old December 4th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Karina - Pier 66 does NOT have transportation from the airport to the hotel or hotel to the pier. We have stayed there many times and always have had to take a taxi.

Cate - hear that that B/W is not very good. Apparently it is really run down.

Have stayed at Embassy Suites and they have free transportation and all rooms have bedroom and separate living room.

On our next cruise we are staying at Hampton Inn Suites on Stirling Road - free transportation from airport and to pier.
Old December 5th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Ed Baldwin

Default Re: Re: Re: precruise hotels

Amerisuites at 10th and 17th lets you park freewhile you ruise
Old December 5th, 2004, 04:39 PM
seawench

Marriott Marina on 17th Street has a free shuttle to the port.
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:58 PM
big apple

Stayed at Ameri Suites at 17th st last week .Go on valu trips .com and you should be able to get $69 rate with great continental breakfest to include eggs sausage waffles etc.Great mexican rest,. right in front plus Outback on the corner.Shuttle service from airport and pier shuttle all free.
Old December 6th, 2004, 08:48 AM
er634

Have stayed at BW yacht harbor lots but the last time noted that the hotel had deteriorated, did not like some of the foot traffic in neighborhood, and hotel food was OK but the service was terrible. Am trying Amerisuites this time.
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
bridget

thanks everyone for the information.
just heard from friends who just stayed at the Embassy Suites who thought it is great precruise hotel.

have to agree with those who offered comments on BW marina, ( we have stayed there a while ago, at it was really run down then)
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Marion Paris

I have had good luck booking on priceline.

Have gotten the Embassy Suites three times now and have never paid more than $45 for the suite. They also have free shuttle service to the ship. However, their reservations fill up quickly and I usually like to get to the ship early. The last time all the reservations for the early shuttles were booked so we took a cab. Last time we stayed at the Sheridan, not as nice as the Embassy. Embassy also has free cocktain hour and free breakfast, really a nice hotel and you get a lot for your $$$, especially if you are bidding on priceline.

Have you tried priceline?
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:33 PM
bridget

thanks, I will try priceline next time. this time we ended up HI express since one of our party and frequent "flyer" points for free rooms
Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:17 PM
First Mate

If you want a resonable but nice hotel the Springhill Suites by Marriott is wonderful. They give you a free shuttle from airport and to the cruise port. You will have a room with a kitchen, living room and bedroom. It is quite nice and you get free breakfast.
Old December 24th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Golfgrl1911

Bridget,
Did you all stay at the Holiday Inn air/seaport or the Holiday Inn convention center? I cannot seem to find any reviews on the HI air/seaport (I know it's newer) but have heard plenty of not so good about the convention center site. I too am using priority points and opted to take a chance on the HI air/seaport as it is newer and provides transpoprtation all the way around. Personally I've never had a bad experience at a Holiday Inn Express so I'm willing to chance it for one night but would love any info one can offer! Thank you, Chef Nancy
Old January 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM
bridget

it is the HI express air/sea. the newer hotel. Haven't gone yet, I have never had a problem with HI, and for one night it will be fine. exp with the free transportation.
have fun on your trip