Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2004, 06:59 PM
David Allen

Default Oosterdam Seattle disembark time

What is the earliest time one can get off the ship in Seattle in July?
I'm wondering if I can catch the Amtrak train leaving from King St. Station at 10am.
Thanks
David
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Oosterdam Seattle disembark time

As I recall, HAL gives its passengers the option of choosing EXPRESS DISEMBARKATION which means YOU carry ALL baggage you brought with you when you disembark. By doing so you can be in one of the first groups to leave the ship...but consider that you still have to pass through immigration before you can leave the terminal. This procedure is not a lenghty ordeal but lines do form so this can further slow things down just a bit. Providing the ship arrives in port on time I'd say you have a good chance of making that train. Consider that one glitch may cut it close. Taxi's are plentiful at the port upon disembarkation.
On the Oosterdams return from Alaska this past September, we had an hour delay before we could dock. Seems that native american fishermen had placed fishing nets in the path of the ship. We arrived as scheduled (7:00 AM) but I believe it was shortly after 8:00 AM before the ship could actually dock. So you see, sometimes there are unexpected little surprises not under the control of the cruise industry/companies.

NCL DREAM -- 11 Aug. 2005
Old December 4th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Admiral

As I recall, HAL gives its passengers the option of choosing EXPRESS DISEMBARKATION which means YOU carry ALL baggage you brought with you when you disembark.

Have sailed over 40 times with HAL and have never heard of EXPRESS DISEMBARKATON. I know some other lines allow you to take carry all your luggage off the ship, but never heard about it on HAL.
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

DeeDee:
How extraordinary that you've sail on HAL over 40 times. Perhaps you'll note those early disembarkations on your next cruise with HAL.
I remember the senario: I watched from the LIDO deck (Horizon Restaurant) as folks disembarked carrying all the luggage they brought with them. Perhaps I'm off on the name "EXPRESS DISEMBARKATION". Maybe it's "Express Checkout" or something similar to that.

Post Edited (12-08-04 09:48)

Old December 8th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Admiral

HAL ships do not have a Horizon Restaurant on the Lido deck, in fact they have no restaurants on board named HORIZON. They are called Lido Restaurant. Could you have possibly been on another ship when you saw this?

Another thought that it would have been entertainers leaving the ship with all their luggage.
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

DeeDee:
You are right--there is no HORIZON Restaurant on the Oosterdam. The restaurant I meant to name is the LIDO Restaurant on Lido Deck (deck 9) on the Oosterdam.
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Oosterdam Seattle disembark time

DeeDee:
I had cross referenced to the HORIZON COURT on the ms Diamond Princess when I erroneously named the restaurant on the Oosterdam. Recently, I have been reviewing the Diamonds' deck plans for an upcoming cruise. Sorry for the crossover, everyone.

Post Edited (12-09-04 13:19)