Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Slotl

Default Washer/Dryer on Westerdam?

My husband and I have been on many HAL cruise ships, but have not been on the Westerdam.

We are sending our son and his new wife on their honeymoon to Europe (Barcelona to Rome) on the Westerdam in October, 2005.

I know the Ryndam, Rotterdam, Prinsendam, old Noordam, all have washer and dryers for the passenger usage.

I am looking at the room and deck layout for the Westerdam and I have not seen washer/dry facilities on these layouts.

Does anyone know (for sure) if the Westerdam has washers and dryers?

Thanks,
Slotl
Prinsendam
Aug 23, 2005
(our 100 night Mariner award will be attained on this cruise)

Son's Honeymoon
Westerdam Western Med
October 12, 2005
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:08 PM
hombre

Default Re: Washer/Dryer on Westerdam?

it is my understanding that there are no self-serve washers/dryers on any of the vista class ships. what an oversight -- or was it? hal will gladly take your money for sending clothes to be laundered.
Old January 26th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, no self-service laundry facilities on the Vista ships. I believe the plan is for these ships to do mainly 7 day itineraries so that washers/dryers are not crucial. There are 'specials' on using the ship's laundry service and the honeymooners can check on those with their cabin steward. Happy Wedding!
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Passenger

No there's no self-service laundry on the Westerdam.

We were on the Westerdam Rome to Barcelona cruise at the end of October last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so hope the newly weds have a great time. I don't want to put a damper on things however, but I suggest they take some warm clothing and decent rainwear as we got a good soaking in Naples and snow in the mountains in Corsica. Having said that, it was a wonderful cruise and I would go again in a minute.
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:56 PM
jdh

We enjoyed an eastern Caribian cruise on the Westerdam in Dec. 04..Ther were no self service laundry facilities, but a paper laundry bag could be washed for 15 dollars .
Haave a great time.