Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Default Trip Insurance - Who has filed a claim?

Hello, all!

We are debating which company to book our travel insurance through and would very much like to know from those who have had need of filing a claim, (1) which company you filed with, and (2) were you pleased with the results?

BTW: We are not considering HAL insurance -- just independent providers.

Thanks, in advance, for your replies!
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Trip Insurance - Who has filed a claim?

REN went bankrupt and since paid with CC; had to go thru Master Card; Then had to apply to CSA for refund of ins since didn't use their service. Had always used CSA up to this time. My husband called CSA and guy said good we got our $ back....but did NOT OFFER to refund the $500 trip insurance. My husband asked and guy says...yeah you can get your $500 back from us....Would have just kept our $.

We have been using Access America. Just got $5700 back from then for our cancelled Sapphire, Dec 04 cruise. Our Travel Agent did ALL the paperwork, etc. Since got refund, now have to use another insurance. Using Travelguard for our replacement Diamond cruise Jan/06. And for our HAL Baltic cruise Sep 05.
Old February 4th, 2005, 03:04 PM
liz336

Two years ago my ex-husband broke his leg a couple of days before we scheduled to leave on the Ryndam for Mexico. We had purchased Travelex insurance through our travel agent. She handled most of the paperwork for us and we got a refund.
Old February 4th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I suggest Travelgard

Old February 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
linda g.

We filed a claim with Travel Guard. Last year my husband had a heart attack and was declared physically unable to withstand the rigors of taking a cruise. I would never travel without insurance; it is money well spent! I agree with adamken, Travel Guard has a solid reputation in the travel insurance business.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
joyann

We booked our Veendam Alaska June 2002 cruise through AAA and used their insurance. My brother-in-law was terminally ill with lung cancer but well enough to go on this trip untl his cancer spread to his brain suddenly. He died on May 2, the cruise was June 1. We decided to go in his memory because this was a life-long dream he had. Insurance reimbursed for both flights and for the cost of his portion of the cruise (he and my sister were staying in an adjoining Verandah cabin). AAA waited until their would be 100% due and then cancelled with HAL. This way HAL was paid by the insurance company for the entire cost of his portion of the suite and my sister was able to stay in the suite by herself.