Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Cate M.

Default Just Back From 9 Day Volendam Cruise

Cruise was as advertised. This was third cruise with HAL and it was pretty much the same as other cruises as far as extra activities aboard the ship. Able to board the ship at 11:30 and was eating in the Lido by noon. Room was ready at 1 p.m. They announced rooms were ready at 1:20 but my DH and I found room at 1 and it was ready. Food good - only complaint is that I ate too much. Bring a sweater as corridors and Lido restaurant were chilly. Our cabin was on the Main deck and just fine. Actually we had more cupboard space than we needed. We stopped at Nassau and took in Atlantis. At Dominica and Barbados we took countryside tours arranged by the ship. Both morning tours were 3 1/2 hours and were excellent. DH did parasailing at HMC and I wished I had signed up for the horse back riding. We checked out the horseback riding and it looked like it would have been fun. In St. Thomas we joined the crowds for shopping in the morning and stayed by the ship pool in the afternoon as we had been to St. Thomas before and lots of space around the pool. No problem getting a lounge chair at any time. They had posted a noticed in the daily activity sheet saying not to reserve chairs. Dottie was a good cruise director and entertainment which included George Solomon, Barnaby, Frankie the monkey, Dottie's husband Tom was terrific. Extra special were two young ladies from Poland called the Amber Strings playing violins. They were so good we saw the early and late performance. We had the 6:15 dinner seating and that was perfect for catching the 8:30 show, having a drink afterwards and then getting to bed at a decent time for the next day. Weather was perfect at all stops.

Now can anyone recommend a good diet.

Catie M.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Carole and Ronald

Default Re: Just Back From 9 Day Volendam Cruise

Thank you Catie,
We are going on our cruise this coming Monday, and have been looking at all kinds of reviews. It was really nice to read yours as you covered so much. I pray we have the same weather as you!!! Thank you.......... any tips about the dining room? We are booked at a four seat table.