Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Frank Black

Default Oosterdam catagory 'G". Obstructed view.

Anyone had a category G on the Oosterdam? The brochure says the view is partially obstructed. I am just wondering how bad it is. I had a partial obstruction once on Princess and it was really not too bad.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:12 PM
rocketcitylady

Default Re: Oosterdam catagory 'G". Obstructed view.

Last month I cruised on the Westerdam and had a category H partially obstructed view. The obstructed and partially obstructed cabins have the lifeboat in front of the window. In my cabin, the front end of the lifeboat was in front of my cabin. Although I could see some of the sea or port, from my window I mostly looked directly into the lifeboat, looking at the boat's seats. Another disadvantage of those cabins is that the lifeboats are also used as tenders, and it is noisey when those things are being lowered in the mornings! Also, the main reason I get an outside cabin is so that the sun will wake me in the mornings, but because the lifeboat areas were illuminated, I ended up completely closing the drapes at bedtime to avoid that lighting. Therefore, I still was in the dark when morning came.