Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Passenger

Default Roll Call-Zuiderdam Apr.23

Ahoy all!

Are there others booked for this cruise? This is my first cruise and would love to meet up with any cruisemates going.
Please post so we will know what to expect.
Happy Cruisin' to all,
Dani
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
wannago30

Default Re: Roll Call-Zuiderdam Apr.23

My friends and I will also be on this sailing. Its not to long now. I have been on two other cruises with other lines, if you have any questions let me know.
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Roll Call-Zuiderdam Apr.23

Hi Wannago30,

Did you say "questions"????

Glad to talk to anyone else going! I am booked to share, as I had to go alone, but no roomie so far.

What are the dynamics of your group? All good friends? Same ages, sex, etc.?

Basically are the natives friendly on this cruise? I am very excited as this is my first cruise and a little nervous because I am going alone. I have travelled a bit, so I'm not "green", but never cruised before.

Would love to hear from you or your group.

Have a fantastic cruise. I intend to!

Hope to see you aboard.

Dani

Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
wannago30

Hello Dani,
Sorry its been awhile since I checked the boards. I am traveling with my two girlfiends and myself. We are all in our 30's, leaving the husbands and kids at home for some well deserved R@R. We have never sailed on Holland yet, but have sailed on Carnival.

Almost all the people I have met on the cruised have been fun and interesting. Alone or not just start talking to people, chances are someone is waiting to chat.

Its not too long now I can hardly wait!!!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Hello Wannago,

I too am getting very excited. It is amazing how quickly the time flies.

Will look forward to meeting you all and others on this cruise. Hope you guys enjoy your well deserved vacation. I imagine you all worked hard for it so have a really great cruise!

Talk to you soon.

Dani

Old February 24th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Wannago30

Dani,
Have you planned any shore excursions? We have reserved a Cabana at Half Moon key, and we have a private excursions planned for Tortola.
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Passenger

Hi Wannago,

No I haven't planned any excursions yet. Not sure what to expect. Why a Cabana? I have heard quite a few people are getting them. It would probably be silly to rent one for myself though, do you think?

What exursion are you taking at Tortola and $$$. I have been reading up on this place and an excursion seems almost a must.

Talk to you soon. Thanks for the info. Wannago.

Time is getting short.

Dani

Old February 25th, 2005, 06:12 PM
wannago30

Hello Dani,
We keep reading that cabana is a must. There is a shower and its some shade from the sun. -We are all fair skinned and do not want to burn. It was kind of expensive but we split it three ways.

In Tortola we booked with sailhighpockets or Captain Kathleen, its a sail and snorkel tour that includes lunch and snorkel gear. Its a $100pp. Its not thru the cruise line but I read great reviews for them and I feel its a great way to see a new place.

Its snowing here so warm and sunny sound great!!!
Old February 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Good Day Wannago and friends,

Funny you should say you are all fair skinned! I am a redhead with the pale skin to go with it. I don't tan, I burn. Always use 40+ SPF. Have found that Spray on Tan's by professionals are awesome. They don't bring out your freckles or anything. They only last about a week, but you look nice and tanned for that blessed week!

Right now we are (well I'm not) snowblowing our driveway! Two in a row with another forcasted. I don't mind the snow, but it is sooooo cold!!

I'm in the Maritimes, from Canada. I just hit the big 40, which wasn't really anything. You are what you feel and some days that's about 90+ years old.

I am going to look into the Shore excursion you guys are taking, if there are any spots left, would you mind if I tagged along?

I don't have a cabin number yet, or a roommate, but I have a Guaranteed E Larger Oceanview. What have you guys booked?

Coming in from Canada, I decided to get a hotel for before and after so I don't have to concern myself with flights. Have had a lot of experience flying! But I think I will get hooked pretty easy on this cruising business, if only for the packing only once.

Sorry, just realized this is getting long.

Talk soon

Dani
Old February 26th, 2005, 06:29 PM
wannago30

Dani
I am sorry the excursion is White squall 2, hope it did not confuse you. We were looking into both. My friend booked this one and I do believe that there is plenty of space I will check my email for the exact website. We are booked into a suite, not sure if its the S or SS, which ever is the smaller one. Do those tans get steaks? I know sounds like a silly question.
We are Flying in the day before also, just the thought of delayed or cancelled flights makes me nervous.

Can't wait to be in the Warm sun!!!!!!
Old February 27th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Passenger

Hi Wannago,

No streaks! That's the best thing. It is only about $20-$25. for a whole body. It only takes about 20 minutes. I am booking one by the place I'm staying for the night I fly in.
The secret to making it last as long as possible is to exfoliate really well just before you get it and moisturize everyday thereafter. After you get it done it takes about 4hrs for the color to come darker, although you will notice a huge difference right away!

I am staying both nights at the Rolling Hills Resort, they have complimentary transfers to and from the airport/ cruiseport and Sawgrass Mills Shopping Ctr. I think I will hit that the morning just before we board.

Heavens, I cannot wait for the sun, heat and vacation!!

Take care, talk to you soon,

Dani

p.s. (the tans are cheaper in Florida and they have different types, I imagine they have been at it longer!)

Old February 27th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Wannago30

Hello Dani,
We have just starting base tanning for April, I burnt pretty bad in July.
Here is the website for the sail and snorkel tour www.whitesquall2.com.
They have recieved great reviews so I hope it will be great. I know you reserve with a credit card and then pay when you get there.

We are staying at the Radisson Bahia Mia Marina, won a bid on priceline for $70. Its on a water taxi line so we can use that for transportation.
Have you been to Ft. Lauderdale before?

Anyone else on this crusie?

Still looks like there is plenty of cabins available.

Talk to you Soon!
Old February 27th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Passenger

Hi,

How do you find out how many cabins are gone? I have heard from about three others who are going on this cruise. All 35+, too. So it should be fun. Of course it is all what you make it yourself!!

Thanks for the email address, I will look into it.

Sounds like a nice place to stay. I will definately have to try the water taxi's.

Do you know if we can leave our luggage at the cruise port early and come back later? Is there lockers, or someone there? I would like to hit the mall before we leave. Always last minute things at Sephora!

Have a great day. Time is getting short.

Dani
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:00 AM
wannago30

I don't know if you can leave your bags and come back.
I just check on different websites to see how may cabins they have left and they have quite a few on the websites I have checked.
Its snowing here again, no school for the kids. I have just had it with snow.
Can't wait to walk outside with out layer after layer of clothing.
Today is March 1st -now we can say our cruise is next month!!!!!!
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Passenger

Morning wannago,

It is official!!! Next month we will be lazily cruising about in the Caribbean sun.
Hard to believe as schools are cancelled here too. Snow and some nasty freezing rain.
Oh, I am so excited I can hardly wait.
I haven't heard back from the email I sent WhiteSqall2, yet, but I am still hopeful. I'll send another today. They are probably busy sailing some lucky people to Virgin Gorda!!!!
Have a good day,

Dani

Old March 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Hi wannago,

I reserved the WhiteSquall2 excursion. It is an incredible deal. I can't wait. She asked me if it was with your group from the cruise. I told her you recommended them and she said to say thank you.

Went through my summer clothes to see what I have and have to buy! My flight is actually coming in earlier. Instead of 7pm it is 12:30, more time to shop. Truth be told, I hate shopping! I'm in and out, no patience.

Talk to you later

Dani

Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
wannago30

Dani,
Glad to hear you booked the excursion, its looks like alot of fun. Just tried clothes on yesterday, looks like I have another 20lbs to go. Oh well !

I am not much of a shopper either, thank goodness for the iternet.
Our flight is really early so we will have plenty of time in Ft. lauderdale.

Are you familiar with the area? Anything you recommend?

Can't wait to see green instead of snow.

Talk to you Soon!
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Passenger

Hi wannago,

This will be my first trip to Ft. Lauderdale. Been to lots of other places in Florida, but.... I think I will get one of those tans and head to the Sawdust Mills Shopping Ctr. They have a lot of designer outlet stores and it's supposed to be one of the biggest malls around. We'll see.

What I would really like to do is somehow do a quick trip to the Keys and get back intime for my flight. It leaves at 3pm though!

I don't know. If you come up with any great ideas let me know. I'll email the number I'll be at and you can call.

Let me know,

Have a great day,

Dani

Old March 8th, 2005, 08:37 AM
wannago30

Hello Dani,
I have only traveled thru Ft. lauderdale before never stayed there. Is the mall close?
That sounds like fun picking up last minute must haves before the cruise.

We are leaving the day the cruise ends, with a flight that will be cutting in quite close- hope we make it. I have never been to the keys, but I think if you rent a car after the cruise that you may be able to make it.

Its cold again up here, can't wait for warm weather. We are gettting pretty close now,
I can hardly wait!!!!

Talk to you Soon.
Denise
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Denise,

We had Hurricane force winds last night with freezing rain. So no school today as there are lots of power lines down and the school had no power. The winds reach 140 miles per hour, (had to think for a minute to convert from metric)! Luckily our lights went out only for a few minutes!

I am going to Sawgrass Mills Mall, the hotel shuttle takes you free. The Mall is a bit further inland from the coast. I will check out the car to the Keys, great idea!

This afternoon turned out nice though.

Hope you have a good one,

Dani
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:57 PM
wannago30

Hello Dani,

Six weeks from today!!!!!! Yeah!!!
Can't wait!

Denise
Old March 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Passenger

I received my cruise ticket today!! It's a bit scary to be honest. So much to do, so little time!

I'm flying with Air Canada but I feel so bad for the folks booked with JetsGo. They went bankrupt yesterday I think stranding a lot of people. I pray they will be able to book with another especially if they have a cruise planned or something that can't be cancelled, not to mention the flight money they are out!

Now I have to get busy!! The courier beat the snowstorm by hours!! Heavens will the heat feel good.

Hope everything is running smooth for you guys. Can't wait!

Take care, talk to you soon,

Dani

Old March 13th, 2005, 08:05 AM
wannago30

No cruise documents yet.- Can't wait till we receive them.
Every morning we have been waking up to snow and cold-probally not as cold as you guys.

Sitting on deck with someone bringing my drink of choice sounds awesome to me!!!!

What is your favorite vacation drink?
How about food?

Hope all of your last minute planning goes very well. I also feel bad for those people who booked flights. We are on Northwest, there hub is in Detroit so I feel pretty safe with them- a little more expensive.

Talk to you Soon.
Denise

Anyboby else on this cruise feel free to jump in and let us know who you are!!!!!
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Passenger

Hi Denise,

How's it all going? I've gone from excited to hurried! Thinking of packing some things and getting started on my list. Difficult as I don't know what I will buy in Ft. Lauderdale. I think I'll pack one suitcase and bring or buy another. How many are you taking? I ALWAYS overpack, ALWAYS.

I have a Cat E Larger Outside, but still don't know my cabin number yet or if they were able to hook me up with a female share. Heavens, I hope it will be someone around my age etc. I'm a positive person so I will have fun on this cruise, come what may!

I'm not much of a drinker so I may try the drink of the day if they have little umbrella's, ornamental!!

Take care, hi to all.

Dani

Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Hey D,

Did any of you get your cruise documents yet? Have you started packing and organizing? Or am I way behind??

Looking forward to the cruise.

Talk to you soon,

Dani

Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
wannago30/dibe67

Dani,
Just received our documents yesterday. I have not started packing yet, but I must confess I do have everthing I need in one area.

I amost can't wait!
Take Care,
Denise
Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Passenger

Great. Did you do your happy "dance"?

I have everything in once spot as well. I have sorted 7 evening and 7 daytime along with my jogging suit and sneakers. Haven't matched jewelry yet and I need to buy a nice white sweater for the dining room as The only nice one I have is a dark beige color.

It's getting close, am really getting excited now.

Take care, will talk later,

Dani

Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
wannago30/dibe67

I did one heck of a happy dance! Its hard to believe its only 19 days away! I am trying to cut down my cruise packing only 5 short outfits for me and 2 capri sets. I have packed way to much the last two cruises. Since this time I won't have my dh to carry the heavy bags!!! Did you know they have unlimited laundry for $45 a cabin?

Does not seem like there are too many people on this cruise even on cruise critc we only have about 3 responses from other cruises, I sure would like to hear from more..

Take care,
Denise
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Seapointer

We are 2 families (parents each with 17 yr old girl) on that cruise. We are hoping there are some more teens aboard or we will be in big trouble with the daughters.
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
wannago30/dibe67

Welcome Seapointer!

Glad to see someone else is going on this cruise, my friends and myself are cruising with out children but I have heard on ***edited*** of a couple of teenage girls. I think your girls will have a blast, have heard some great things about teen programs on zuiderdam.

Happy packing to all!
Denise