Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Carole Yvette

Default Volendam - Dutch night?

Hi, We are leaving on the Volendam this coming Monday 2/28/05. I have heard that they have a "dress up" Dutch night. Is this true, do people participate? I don't want to end up dragging the 'as close as Dutch' clothes for nothing? Wish I had found this site earlier, it is very helpful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Volendam - Dutch night?

HAL no longer has Dutch night and even when they did, it wasn't a "dress up" night. The menu featured Dutch food items, like dover sole, brisket, herring. Now it's halibut and items.

When we did have Dutch night, women were given white cotton Dutch hats, that made us look like the Flying Nun, and men were given little Dutch Boy black caps (like a baseball cap).

No need to pack your wooden shoes. (smile)
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:50 AM
Carole Yvette

Thank you DeeDee,
I was all ready to cut up my plaid bed sheet! and make my apron out of curtain lace! Now what will I do today .................... lol. I guess I will have to sit here a little longer and read about others people's 'high sea' adventures. Life is so tough!
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:34 PM
MSR

we were disappointed that one week cruises do not seem to observe dutch night in the dining room any longer.......