Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Suite Perks, Sailing On cat S

No. As posted earlier my sailing is a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in a cat. S suite on the Zuiderdam. Price listed included cruise fare, taxes, port fees, and insurance. Booked my cruise two months ago (April 04).
Old June 16th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Passenger

I am in an S corner aft suite on the Z for seven (7) days. I booked this in February '05 for a Sep sailing. I guess I just got lucky.

HAL Zuiderdam 09/2005
NCL Sun 01/2005
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 09/2004
Carnival Legend 01/2004
NCL Majesty 04/2003
Old June 17th, 2005, 10:29 AM
tokathy

We also have an aft corner for a Sept sailing on the Zuiderdam and took it because of the great prices..............we noticed the aft corner was still available in late May and booked it then. I think we were lucky also, just surfing the cruise sites at the right moment!
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
SusieO

We're on the Westerdam, 4th December for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean and we paid $2755.45 for the two of us for an S Suite on the Rotterdam deck, near to the Neptune Lounge. This included all taxes etc and we also got a $100 shipboard credit. We did book in January and the leapt up to for to over $2000 per person before they sold out. We used cruisesonly and hopefully all will run smoothly. At one time the Balcony cabins were $1500 per person, but I notice now they've fallen back down to around $1000. Never sailed HAL before, but when we realised we could have a Suite for the same price as a Concierge Class Cabin on Celebrity, we thought we'd give it a go. The extra space is what we are paying for - the perks of course will be nice.

Sue
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Familiar Face

Here is a summary of charges I just received for the 9/24/05 sailing for "S" class 5186 on the "Z" from Sam's Club Travel. Unfortunately for me I can not travel in September, but I am sure my regular TA would meet or beat this price.

I also would not use the transfers, but could not find a way to delete them on the web site.

Then again September is prime hurricane time!!!!

Summary of Charges:

Cruise Total: $2,507.60

Airfare: Declined

Pre cruise bus transfer: $22.80

Post cruise bus transfer: $22.80

Taxes: $157.20

Insurance: Declined Add Insurance

Total Cost: $2,710.40
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Familiar Face

Here is the remainder of the booking info:

Billing Information

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale roundtrip)

Cruise Line: Holland America Line
Cruise Ship: Zuiderdam

Departure: 9/24/2005
Cruise Length: 7 Nights
# Passengers: 2
Dining Pref: Main Upper Sitting (around 8:00 pm)

Stateroom Category: S
Stateroom Number: 5186
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:32 AM
Kirkwood

Default Re: Re: Suite Perks, Sailing On cat S

Booked a Catergory S Aft Suite (6158) on the Zuiderdam in October. Read that the rooms are somewhat smaller. Does anyone know how much smaller or the sq. footage? So excited! Can't wait!
Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
L Smith

Thursday night I booked for 9-24-05 on the Zuiderdam. I got a category S cabin 7050 some thing four just under $2,600 for both of us all taxes and fees included.

This will be our fourth time on the Zuiderdam and about cruise number twenty eight for us. The two perks I enjoy the most are priority tender passes and ordure’s delivered to our balcony during our cocktail hour before dinner. I seem to have a hard time finding a bigger bang for my buck. Over the past twenty years or so prices, adjusted for inflation are down dramatically. The suite perks have not changed much.
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Passenger

My husband & I are going to be on the Zuiderdam Sept. 10, Western Caribbean. Is anyone else going on that particular week? We wanted another SS suite but they were all booked on the Navigation Deck, which is where we wanted to be. We were rather late in deciding to go again this year. We had SS 8058 last year and loved it. We have a VA Deluxe Verandah Outside this time. I know it will be a smaller cabin, but hopefully we won't feel too cramped.
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Familiar Face

We are going. This will be our first time cuising with Holland America. Heard so many good things about the Zuiderdam and plus we got such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. I can't wait, we are really looking forward to this cruise. Hope Mother Nature will be kind!

3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
colleeng

Thanks for taking the time and posting these...Great!
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
colleeng

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Suite Perks, Sailing On cat S

We just booked (for 2) for October in the S cabin...aft corner...larger deck for $2500, including tax, port charges etc. We went through Vacations to go...we know it is offseason, but hey, I'm happy with the price...
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Rita M. Ippoliti

I think some of these great deals are because the ship is sailing during hurricane season. Remember, after this year HAL will no longer be sailing the Caribbean during this time period precisely because a lot of cruises get "jacked around" with. That's probably why some of the great prices.

I'd hate like h*** to tell you what I am paying for an inside cabin on my Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in January (30 days) ... it's about twice (with single supplement) that some of these folks are paying for their S Suites.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Captain

Marinjoe.....

Some of your post makes no sense.

Anyone who has sailed in an "S" as many times as DH and I have can positively tell you that HAL does not have Butlers. So, when you say it costs extra for one, it makes me question the accuracy of your post. I think you may be confused when you say there is an extra charge for the Butler.

The only thing that resembles a Butler on HAL is recent addition and ONLY pertains to booking Cabanas at Half Moon Cay. For your day at Half Moon Cay, if your wish, you can pay extra for Butler service.

This has nothing to do with being in a Suite. It for everyone on the ship.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
jellyjelly

Hi All
With all the extra service what is the tipping structure? I will be taking first S Cat. Cruise
second cruise in 20 years. Need help please
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Beginner

I thought I would include the deal we got for our Oct 22 Suite S- Zuiderdam
$2227.88 Total for 2 people....not too bad....try cruise compete , we were able to get a better deal through that then on the actual website of cruises n more.

Good Luck everyone!
Happy Cruising! 8)