Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
joyann

Default Re: Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

That's so strange, I just printed out the special gifts order form from the HAL web site today and it still lists the cost at $20 per person, with the $10 per person on the first night. I'm sending in my form tonight for my september cruise. I loved the Pinnacle on the Zuiderdam last May, was very sorry I had only made reservations for the first night because it was booked up solid when I tried to get another reservation a day or two later.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM
joyann

Default Re: Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

I always fly in the day before I cruise, then I board as early as I can, eat lunch, unpack and am ready for activities by the sail away party, and am never rushed the first night. We ate at the Pinnacle the first night on our Western Caribbean cruise on the Zuiderdam last May, it was wonderful. Plan to do the same this September 16 on the Statendam.

I want to eat there 2x this cruise 17 days), how does one go about that? I'm paying for it in advance, how do I know what day to pick for the second reservation? Such problems!

;-P
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:46 PM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

Stay away from the formal nites and you will be fine.
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

That's interesting. The only thing I can think of is that it's cheaper (the $10 - 20) if you reserve ahead. While we were on the ship, everything I read, the menu posted outside the restraurant and the information on the daily schedule, said $49.00. I just looked at my printed gift guide and it does say $20. Confusing.
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

Have never heard it being $49 and for the record I remember when it was totally free.
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:20 PM
ezinvt

Default Re: Pinnacle Grill Restaurant

We are charged $10 per day per person for gratuities at the end of the cruise. It never occurred to me to walk around handing out presents to waiters, like phone cards. The service we have gotten on all our cruises (4 with the next one in July) has been exemplary, even though we didn't spread around our money from the beginning. I don't think we should have to try to buy good service in advance and I don't think HAL expects such behavior, not with what we are paying for the cruise to begin with.

The Pinnacle on the Westerdam was wonderful, and we plan to try the one on the Prinsendam. Will try first night, just to compare. To reiterate what I said above, we got superb service and it was not necessary to grease palms as we went.