Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
tterryj50

Default Half moon Cay tenders

I have been reading some posts on other boards that the whole tender process can sometimes be a nightmare. We are on the Zuiderdam 4/09 and would appreciate if anybody could share their experience or give us any tips. I hear Half Moon Cay is a beautiful island and would hate to not be able to get on the island until late in the day.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
venice

Default Re: Half moon Cay tenders

we were there on the Zuiderdam last October and was the only HAL ship that day..tender was not a problem at all for us because we avoid the crowds by not going on the first tender and not coming back on the last tender. We took the tender around 1030, no wait and took a tender back about 3 pm with no problem

You'll love the island
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:32 AM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Half moon Cay tenders

My advice would be to avoid the mob trying to be first.You will have plenty of time to enjoy the island.
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM
tterryj50

Default Re: Re: Re: Half moon Cay tenders

Thanks guys.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:22 PM
joyann

I never had any problem tendering at Half Moon Cay, probably because we are usually on the first tender off the ship and fairly late coming back. We like to spend the whole day there. On our last cruise, we stayed in the big suite and were lucky to have those special tender passes that let us go ahead of everyone else for all tender ports, but at Half Moon Cay it wouldn't have mattered since we were ready for the first tender at 8:15 am I think.
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:44 PM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Half moon Cay tenders

You have plenty of time on the island and do not need to waste time standing in lin for a tender.For some reason Cruisers think they are going to miss something and need to be first off in every port.Needless to say they stress themselves out and will have a fit at the end of the cruise if not off the ship with the first or second grp.Life is too short for this trivial worry.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
Jon Larson

We were at Half Moon Cay this past January with the Maasdam. You had to line up for tickets for the early tenders. We were casual and didn't stand on line, so got a high number. They don't tell you what time the tender was going to leave, so we missed lunch on the ship and got to the island after the BBQ had closed....so we missed a meal. We're back there this coming December, I'm content to stay on the ship, my wife wants the beach, so this time we'll queue up early.

Jon