Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from sailing the Zaandam 3/26

We just returned from a week on the Zaandam, and what can I say. This was probably one of the best cruises we have ever been on. I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has. We pretty much experienced it all, including the childrens program.
Let me know, I would be happy to answer your questions.
Leslie
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just back from sailing the Zaandam 3/26

Glad to hear this! We were on the Zaandam a year ago and likewise consider it among our best cruises (Eastern Caribbean). Loved the ship and crew.
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
ColDoc

Has the Zaandam undergone the upgrade program yet?
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Yes, it has undergone the SOE and it shows. The beds and pillows are just heavenly. I can't sleep near as good at home that I did on the ship. The service is the best we have ever had. Explorations cafe was always busy. Rooms have flat screen tv and dvd players. We were in cabin (A CAT.)6150 with a balcony. Unsure if all the rooms have this or not. I think they do. Club Hal was great. My 10 year old loved the PS2 stations and they also got to enjoy the Oasis that is normally designated for 13-18. Very cool place.

If you plan to sail her, you won't be disappointed. The week we sailed there where over 400 kids on board. Which was great for us having a child. Fridnds of ours sailed the week before us and there where only 100 some kids.

This is a wonderful ship.
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:08 PM
David Peight

Would you please tell me if jeans are acceptable on ship except for dinnner and also acceptable on the tours on train and boat. Thank you, Dave Peight
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back from sailing the Zaandam 3/26

Yes they are. I don't believe they are acceptable anytime the dining room, dress is casual during the day. I don't think they would not let you in the dinning room with them, as we saw many people in them at dinner. Its more frounded on by the cruisers than the crew. If you are refering to Alaska, I would say yes even on tours and trains as you would need them. We were in the Caribbean and saw many people in them at night around the ship. Have a good time, you will love this ship and the crew.