Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Default Teens on the Maasdam in October.....Good idea?

Hello!

I have the opportunity to obtain two "almost free" cabins on the Maasdam for me, my wife and our 3 children....ages 12, 14 and 16. The question I have for those that have traveled on the Maasdam, would you suggest taking 3 teen agers on this ship for a 10-day cruise towards the end of October? I know that HAL is not the ideal cruise line for teens. My main concern is that they have a good time and are not bored the majority of the trip.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Teens on the Maasdam in October.....Good idea?

I would suggest that you contact HAL and ask. I just went on the Volendam and there was only five or six kids that I saw and maybe one teen. There is probably more in the summer but you would be going when school was back in session so probably about the same as May.
They do have a game room but I couldn't see much else that teens would be interested in. There is a children's director but I got the impression that person was for elementary age kids, not teens. So my advice is to ask HAL and then make your decision. There are movies and games that they might like and the shore excursions of course.