Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Passenger

Default Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

I am "waitlisted" for a cabana on Half Moon Cay (Zuiderdam Sept 17, 2005). Has anyone ever got a cabana after being on the waitlist. I just wanted to know if it was possible. Thanks in advance.

HAL Zuiderdam 09/2005
NCL Sun 01/2005
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 09/2004
Carnival Legend 01/2004
NCL Majesty 04/2003
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Joe K

Default Re: Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

Everyone piles off the ship at 8am and then goes to the beach. If you wait until 11-12 am, then you will get a cabana for free. People leave to return to the ship and they are open for the taking. The beach crew don't really care.
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

Joe,

Are you talking about the clamshells that cover 2 lounge chairs? Rented for $9. Sure people leave those and if so you could use one, I suppose.

But the cabanas? There are only 10 or so of those, people use them for the day, they are stocked with food and drink, and cost the pax who rent them $250 or so without the butler service. W/ butler service the cost becomes over $400 for the day.

People are not just walking away in a couple hours and leaving the cabanas for other people to use. They are reserved months in advance.
Old May 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

I am talking about the cabanas. 4 months to go and they are already booked. I had no idea.

HAL Zuiderdam 09/2005
NCL Sun 01/2005
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 09/2004
Carnival Legend 01/2004
NCL Majesty 04/2003
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

CFARISS - I knew YOU were talking about the cabanas. My post was directed to 'Joe K' (by name) who posted and said that after a few hours and even before noon most people have left their cabanas and you could just grab one.

Joe K was giving you very bad advice and I wanted to clarify if he was talking about the cabanas or the clamshells so you wouldn't be led astray. You are NOT going to get a cabana unless you stay on the waitlist and hope someone cancels. Cabanas are NOT abandoned- people enjoy the bbq lunch in them and they are stocked with beverages and snacks that the people who rented them ordered. The beach crew does NOT let people just take over other people's cabanas. I have no idea where Joe got this idea and believe he was taking about the clamshells, which cover 2 lounge chairs.

Stay on the waitlist.
Old June 18th, 2005, 03:19 PM
lanie

Default Re: Cabanas on Half Moon Cay - Waitlisted?

we were on waitlist for cabanas and first night on the ship customer relations called to advise one was available, but had made other arrangements by then. STAY on the waitlist and check with HAL by phone, they are very informative about telling you where you are on the list and what you chances might be. Half Moon Cay is very beautiful and you will really enjoy it.