Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Default cabin mate matching

Does Holland America still do cabin mate matching where if your going alone they find someone same sex to pair you with or you get the cabin without the singles supplement?
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: cabin mate matching

Hi Showcat,

Hows everything been going? I gave up my last email and kept my regular one. I will try to get in touch with you on this board and give it to you.

Hal does do the roomate share and if they don't pair you up you still get the room for regular rates.

The Zuiderdam cruise turned out to be incredible. I had sooooo much fun and the lady they paired me with was great. We are still in touch.

I got really lucky and won 4 paintings authenticated and assessed at over $1000. for 2 of them and bought some Amber when they had an awesome sale.

You would definitely enjoy the age variance on board. There were many, many people our age and the staff were so wonderful. Also the food, the large cabins. I was floored. I had pretty high expectations, but they went way above them.

It was magical.

What are you planning??

Take care,

Dani

Old June 1st, 2005, 04:11 AM

I was wondering the same thing whether Holland America matches singles so they dont have to pay the single supplement.. It seems that most cruise lines have stopped matching singles.

I was also wondering how old the people most especially the singles on Holland America line are , what percentage or number of the people on their cruises are single, and the ratio of men to women.

Ive heard rumors that Holland America is mostly cruises for senior citizens, lots of old women and few men of any age.Does anyone know if this is true.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:09 AM
Passenger

reply,

I was pleasantly surprised by the large number of cruisers my age and younger. I have just turned 40. There were the usual mature cruisers, but I must say, they had more energy than I and were so helpful and sweet. The Disco was busy every night, long past when I went to bed with the younger set still dancing.

I had overheard some employee's talking about this issue and apparently it is purposely trying to attract a younger crowd. With young families and couples. I'm sure they want to keep their more mature passengers as they are very loyal. I can honestly say I never met a rude person on board. It was quite the opposite, staff looking to give you aid in any way they could, lovely compliments passed by passengers to each other on elevators, etc.

I think you will be surprised at the diverse age on HAL. At least the 7 day Zuiderdam E. Caribbean.

Have a lovely time whatever you choose. You are on a cruise and with a positive attitude you guaranty yourself a good time.

Dani

Old June 17th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Admiral

Hi Dani send me your new e mail so I can hear all the details about your trip! I can't wait I was wondering how it went, Im so happy you had a good time. Im always thinking of possible trips to take. Maybe a singles cruise in the fall or a regular one, or a 4 night to Vegas... I meet a new guy now so Im single but taken, still he can't travel cause he will be back in school in the fall so I will still have to go solo. Almost everyone from my cruise still emails me and it's a great way to meet people from all over the country, and other countries as well, cruising is just so much more social then going to land based resorts. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:46 AM
Passenger

Hi,

I am so happy for you. Glad you found someone, certainly good for company. Still working hard? I am looking at a Bermuda cruise in May '06, but will do Europe next year as well. It's like I have to see Italy!

Everything is great here. My cruise was unbelievably wonderful. If you get a chance to sail HAL, definitely go for it.

Will right more when I get a chance.

Take care and have fun!

Dani

Old June 24th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Admiral

Nice to hear from you again, send me an e mail when you get time. C