Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:45 PM

Default Midnight Buffet

Do the Holland America ships have a midnight buffet? I thought all cruise ships have a midnight buffet but looking at their web site as well as their daily newsletter there is no mention of a midnight buffet.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Midnight Buffet

A lot of the cruiselines are getting away from the "midnight buffets". Most will do one elaborate buffet per cruise. Some will then do snacks on a much smaller scale late in the evening. I believe the 3-day we took on Oosterdam may have done one midnight buffet, but I am not 100% sure as I never made it to midnight.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Midnight Buffet

HAL no longer has the extravagant midnight buffet they used to have at least once on a cruise. They now have what is called the Dessert Extravaganza.

They still do have what they call a "late night snack" each evening from 11:00pm-midnight, except, I believe the last night. Each night will have a theme, like, Californian, Asian, Southwestern, French, Italian. What this means, I don't know. After finishing dinner around 10pm, there was no way we were going to eat again at 11pm.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Re: Midnight Buffet

A midnight buffet is only good for people having the early dinner sitting.. People who eat at the late dinner sitting are too full to enjoy the midnight buffet. Thats one of the reasons I wanted to know. If there is no midnight buffet I likely would select late dinner sitting. If there is midnight buffet I likely would select the early dinner sitting.

Im not talking about the big fancy set up with the ice sculptures. What I was wondering is if they serve food at around midnight. (included in the price of the cruise). The mention of different countries sounds like it may be food from different countries.