CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Holland America in Canada New England 2006 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/216376-holland-america-canada-new-england-2006-a.html)

sblahars August 5th, 2005 02:21 PM

Holland America in Canada New England 2006

Hello,

I just read this on the News & Features section of this website:

"Holland America Line is adding the port of Saguenay, Quebec to Canada/New England itineraries in 2006. Amsterdam and Maasdam will call at the new port on their 10-day cruises between April 28 and October 7, 2006. Maasdam will once again sail mainly between Boston and Montreal, plus a spring Ft. Lauderdale-Montreal sailing and a fall Montreal-Norfolk cruise, while Amsterdam will sail between New York and Montreal. "Saguenay is surrounded by three national parks, including a marine preserve, so the opportunities for wildlife and marine viewing, kayaking, fishing and flightseeing are exceptional. We're currently developing shore excursions around these activities, plus cultural, culinary and tree-top canopy tours" said Richard D. Meadows, CTC, senior vice president, marketing and sales. Meadows also noted that Canada/New England cruises are port-intensive and include a full day in Quebec City, consistently rated the most popular port on the itinerary. Holland America Line's Medallion Shore Excursions let guests enjoy a wide range of experiences from elegant tea at Quebec City's famed Chateau Frontenac to biking in Acadia National Park."

I had thought Holland America was not going to be in New England during the summer of 2006. Has there been a change, or have I misunderstood the article?

cruisecrazy2 August 5th, 2005 03:13 PM

Re: Holland America in Canada New England 2006

DH and I are booked on Maasdam (Montreal - Boston), May 13, 2006. Itinerary as follows:

5/13 Montreal, Quebec and St. Lawrence River
5/14 Quebec City
5/15 Saguenay Fjord
5/16 Charlottetown
5/17 Sydney
5/18 Halifax
5/19 Bar Harbor
5/10 Boston

I think you misunderstood the article. There were many cruises scheduled after our May 13 sailing, which happens to be the 1st Montreal-Boston sailing of the season.

DeeDee August 5th, 2005 03:58 PM

HAL is not going to be in the Caribbean in 2006 - maybe that is where you got mixed up. They are definitely doing a number of Canada/New England cruises next year.

sblahars August 5th, 2005 04:56 PM

I suppose....

But they are not on Travelocity at all

David Starkey August 6th, 2005 05:47 PM

I have a lot of trouble booking (or seeing cruises) on HAL on travelocity.
In fact I had to book my most recent Zaandam cruise on the HAL web site as none of the online cruise web sites even had its sailing listed. I told HAL and asked if the cruise was on charter or heavily booked for my sailing date and was told no it wasn't.
Somethings wrong because the sailing still does not show on any of the online travel or cruise web sites.(other than HAL).

David Starkey August 6th, 2005 06:09 PM

I just checked the HAL website and It only shows limited Massdam summer sailing for 2006 and doesn't show Amsterdam at all.(she's doing a crossing to Europe)

DeeDee August 6th, 2005 09:05 PM

Daid - I don't know where you were looking on the HAL website, but I found 4 Amsterdam sailing to Canada/New England for 2006.

Thu Sep 7, 2006 10 Eastern Canada & New England: New York to Montreal 10 day ms Amsterdam
New York, New York to Montreal, Quebec

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10 Eastern Canada & New England: Montreal to New York 10 day ms Amsterdam
Montreal, Quebec to New York, New York

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10 Eastern Canada & New England: New York to Montreal 10 day ms Amsterdam
New York, New York to Montreal, Quebec

Sat Oct 7, 2006 10 Eastern Canada & New England: Montreal to New York 10 day ms Amsterdam

I also found 17 sailings on the Maasdam, plus a 15 day sailing from FLL to Montreal.
Montreal, Quebec to New York, New York

Go into HAL's website, click on Destinations, Canada/New England and then click on "View all for Canada/New England.

David Starkey August 7th, 2005 12:06 PM

I was refering to regular summer sailings to Canada/NE on the Amsterdam. Not fall sailings.

DeeDee August 7th, 2005 12:10 PM

Sorry David - didn't see the "Summer" bit. Getting closer for me to get new glasses.